Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi, i have exactly the same problem, before AND after updating my Vodafone 8700v to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Brammers no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Vodafone UK admit 8707v MMS problem

Advertisement

Hi, i have exactly the same problem, before AND after updating my Vodafone 8700v to Handheld Software v4.2.1... There is simply NO mention of MMS anywhere...

Vodafone seriously need to sort this out, as all the literature suggests it should work, and as it doesn't I beleive Vodafone to be either misrepresenting goods, or selling them when not 'fit for purpose'.

I've also lodged complaints via the Vodafone website, and have I heard anything back? Have I f...........

Anyway, will be keeping ear to ground on this one....

DannoUK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251a4a3c

Re: Vodafone UK admit 8707v MMS problem

Well im new to Vodafone and to BB and have been seriously disappointed with the MMS reliability. I have a 8310 and the MMS service with Voda is patchy at best. Mostly i get a blank MMS saying "Message cannot be retrieved try again later" if im sent an mms. No matter how many times I click "retrieve now" at various intervals it doesnt come down.

THEN, sometimes, an MMS just arrives with no problems.

Other times when I have the "Cannot be retrieved" problem, if i do a reset and remove battery and when the phone has started up again, I go back to the blank MMS - several times the picture mms has now appeared.

Its very very frustrating and Im hoping Voda do something about it.

Interestingly when I called Voda UK just after I got the 8310 and aksed about the problems the customer services guy - who had no clue - told me the Blackberry service and vodafone UK werent compatible in terms of MMS. I asked to be put through to technical support who laughed at his stupidity and told me to do a reset which should help and to go to the Host Routing Table and register. This helped for about a day and then it all started going wrong again - which it has since!

BikerSpike no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have an unlocked 8707v, and a virgin sim inside. Just got a txt saying i have a picture message, and to go to www.virginmobile.co.uk/getmessage online. Seems this is the only way...

Unless some one here knows better ?

Cheers
    llama llama duck :op

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12