I'm looking to get into a new BB 8700 series and besides the GPS giving ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

billydog72 no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon vs. Sprint

Advertisement

I'm looking to get into a new BB 8700 series and besides the GPS giving Sprint a leg up...are there any other advantages Sprint has over Verizon? My main use and concern is network coverage and tethering on EV-DO.

thx

Bill

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Verizon vs. Sprint

I haven't had sprint coverage with a BB but I know that there are times I have no coverage on my 8700 with Tmo but have signal with a Verizon 7250 that is my work device. I normally find in a lot of out of the way areas that Verizon is a good choice.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i haven't had any problems with my sprint bb, there are no issues with the tethering and the EVDO coverage is great in my area, also the tethering is included with the bb unlimited plan which is an extra fee on verizon I believe

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Tethering is an extra fee for Verizon...to the tune of $15/Month. I've had nothing but great reception from VZW in San An tonio, TX, Louisville, KY and Belleville, IL...and all the Ststes in between. My experience with customer service has been great, but you'll find those who haven't had such great experiences. Different Strokes For Different Folks! I say go with the one that you fell will be the most beneficial for you. Of course weigh the Pros/Cons that you get from the members of the stack, but bottom line go with what works for you!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BerryAddict8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30156B34

I agree with diaz1023 and UH8ME. I have been with Sprint for about 4 years now and I have had great service. I just recently dumped my Treo 650 for my 8703e and it is soooo much better. Call quality is great and coverage really depends on where you live and where you regularly travel. The EVDO speeds are very good and tethering is simple and easy to use. With Sprint, tethering is included in the unlimited blackberry data plan, while you have to pay an additional 15 dollars with verizon. Basically, go with the network that best suits you and your personal/business needs. For me, Sprint is the best. Hope this helps.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I agree with the above I have sprint and I recently took a trip to northern California from southern Cal along I-5 and I had EVDO coverage almost the whole way....its great, but def go with what fits your needs

Thanks guys....combining the GPS being unlocked with high speed tethering I think my answer is obvious...SPRINT!

Appreciate the fast feedback crew!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

give us an update on how sprint is working out for you

Wish I could....my contract with Cingular expires in February so I need to wait a bit longer. The "pending" release of the 8800 in April won't help me because it seems like that will not support HDSPA/UMTS....so onto another carrier I go!

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

sprint all the way verizon to me had bad plan min but the speed on my blackberry i fast for a phone but evdo on a pc/laptop is very good not to mention its free on sprint.

bmedude no está en línea Stack level 2

in terms of coverage nothing comes close to verizon, sprint is a better bang for the buck however.

jerms no está en línea Stack level 2
    as a contractor/tester that builds the networks for the major us carriers... i wouls say that they should be around the same from the technology aspect. there both a CDMA ver of bb...and we are doing alot of upgrades in the so cal area integrating both the 850 iDEN network (nextel) and sprint's (almost fully) 1900 ntwk. the only difference that i can maybe see is that allmost all vzw cell sites are "linked" up by m/w (microwave) hops pulling the strenght of nearly 25 t-1 lines making for a easier "hand off" while traveling. I personally use a nextel 7520 (voice/data) and a sprint 8703e for data/teathering...and am more happy with the sprint rather that the 850mhz iDEN nextel... hope this could be of help... feel free to pin !!!