I must say that having pinstack has been a life savor with some of my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

fe
    fe no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile verizon support sucks!! Pinstack rocks!

Advertisement

I must say that having pinstack has been a life savor with some of my issues and thank u to the pros for your help. I have another dilemma.

With the treo 700 you could make go to contacts from the main screen by starting dail names. However with the bb 8703e it seems that you have 3 or 4 extra steps. It seems that its very annoying to have these extra steps. Any advise?

thank u,
    fe

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    What I do is set the center convenience key to open the addess book. Its only 1 button I have to press, then I can start to dial the persons name. What do you think...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Is pressing and holding the green/send key similar enough to dial names on the Treo?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    That's what I was going to suggest also. It works just fine for me. Just start typing the name, First, Last, Company or Title all work.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

faisal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242DF783
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    That's what I was going to suggest also. It works just fine for me. Just start typing the name, First, Last, Company or Title all work.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Yes but the nices feature i missed in my 650Palm was that i can just type a first letter for the first name then the second and third letter is the beginning of the persons last name. Within seconds i have the number. I wish BB did this.

This was a great feature

fe
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Is pressing and holding the green/send key similar enough to dial names on the Treo?

Thank u for suggesting that...I had no idea!!!!

fe

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

Thank u too!!! I truly had no idea to do that!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Yes but the nices feature i missed in my 650Palm was that i can just type a first letter for the first name then the second and third letter is the beginning of the persons last name. Within seconds i have the number. I wish BB did this.

This was a great feature
    Welcome to PinStack.

I don't really understand how this is different, It only takes two or three letters to bring up all of the John's or All of the smith's. Never takes me longer than 2 or 3 seconds to find the person I wan't.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

faisal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242DF783
    Welcome to PinStack.

I don't really understand how this is different, It only takes two or three letters to bring up all of the John's or All of the smith's. Never takes me longer than 2 or 3 seconds to find the person I wan't.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    I understand but you have to try it. i guess i need to also clarify that from the home screen in the palm 650 i can immedialty dial a contact simply by typeing in the first intial and then second and third of last name.

This overall method, was lighting quick.. i wish this on the BB... if someone can help me understand the quickest way to dial a contact that woud be great. also I would love to be able to scroll thur work, mobile, home etc without using the job wheel..

any ideas would be greatly appreicated.

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853
    i agree about verizon support. i have never had a support call that took less than 2 hours to resolve
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    like i always say, why bother with customer service when you can come on pinstack and resolve your problem qucker.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    I bleieve that most "support" type people on the other end of the phone may not be true users of the devices that they provide support for. Their probably looking at a datasheet or something to that effect trying to help you with your problems. Who kows!!!??? LOL!!!

I must just be one of the lucky ones. My experiences with VZW have been no less than perfect on the times that I couldn;t figure something out by reading the manual, or just toying around on my own.

Now my experience with Sprint...well, that's another story all to its own!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    someone can help me understand the quickest way to dial a contact that woud be great. also I would love to be able to scroll thur work, mobile, home etc without using the job wheel..
    1. Press and hold slightly the Green Phone button,
    2. start typing the first name, Last name, Company, or title of the person you want to call,
    3. With each key press you will shorten the list until you get a managable list or a single entry.
    4. Then scroll to the name and
    5. press the phone button again.

You're still going to have to scroll the list of work, home, mobile, etc.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    nice tip RC, thanks