I have an 8703e on Verizon. I wanted to upgrade to 4.2 Desktop Mgr. now ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

aetoole no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon Destop Mgr 41.x vs BB 4.2?

Advertisement

I have an 8703e on Verizon. I wanted to upgrade to 4.2 Desktop Mgr. now that Daylight Savings time approaches. Is there anything in the Verizon version of BB Desktop Mgr that is proprietary and that prohibits me from upgrading to 4.2 upgrade now available from BBerry directly. The Verizon page on the BB site has yet to update from 4.1x with mid-2006 being the last update by Verizon. Thanks for any help. E

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Verizon Destop Mgr 41.x vs BB 4.2?

Desktop manager is not related to any specific Carrier that I know of. Is it branded to verizion?

As far as I know there is only one release of each DM version. You can download the latest from the BlackBerry Desktop Software Page.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I thought so much. Just found it odd that Verizon had their own download page linked to the BB site that they had not updated in some months. Guess I'll find out the truth when I update...

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Desktop Manager has nothing to do with the DST change as far as I know. You need the latest version of the O/S to fix that.

Right you are. I find I have to rewire my thinking a bit since I was until recently a Windows Mobile person and the BB reminds me of my Palm days (not that I want to go back--I am delighted with my BB). Can I simply download the latest version of the O/S and install? I tried the patch but could not get it to work and I'd rather upgrade to the latest O/S anyway.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If the latest OS's include the DST patch you can. IIRC, the DST patch is only included in the latest 4.2.x OS's so it's a moot point for 87XX devices...

Quote Originally Posted by aetoole
    I thought so much. Just found it odd that Verizon had their own download page linked to the BB site that they had not updated in some months. Guess I'll find out the truth when I update...
    Every carrier is set up this way. You can always, however, get the latest DM directly from RIM.

gschoelles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

You will find that the Verizon version has a lot to do with tethering capabilities. I had upgraded my desktop and VZW Access manager no longer recognized the device.

fastfokkus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B91357

When i downloaded 4.2 from the BB website I had a problem downloading some software. it said the desktop version did not match the o/s version and would not let me load the software. I had to revert back to the O/s verizon had for me to download the software. Anyone else have this problem? or do you have to wait for verizon to update their version of the o/s. I am using the 8703e