Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got my 8703 from Verizon and I've read all over how cool the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tab1217 no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon 8703E Zen question

Advertisement

I just got my 8703 from Verizon and I've read all over how cool the Zen theme is. I've read a couple posts on how to modify the .alx file to unlock this, but the posts say to go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\7100-v4.1.0.292_P1.8.0.143 where the last is your software version. But I do not even have a shared folder let alone the other files. I searched my computer for all .alx files and it only comes up with some themes I put in the my docs folder. What am I missing here?? How come I dont have a version number.alx file to modify?? Thanks in Advance

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Verizon 8703E Zen question

tab1217, if I haven't already done so, Let me Welcome you to PinStack.

Have you installed the OS file for your BB on your PC yet? If not you won't have that folder or file on your PC yet. And for your 8703 the file name will start with 8703 instead of 7100.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

O.K. I guess I need the basics, I come from years of cursing at my Windows phones. I installed the programs that came from Verizon to my computer, is installing the OS to my computer something additional I need to do over and above what Verizon would have sent me??? Where do I get it to install it? Thanks for the welcome to the neighborhood.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm not familiar with the latest CDs that are shipped with the devices. You may have to download it from the verizon link to BB Software.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ok, I'm making progress, I downloaded the OS and edited the alx file to change the vendor codes to "105" (Verizon). I now have Bell, Cingular, O2 icon, O2 list, Orange, Vodafone, and Vodafone today (which is very cool) but no Zen?? Any suggestions? I saw some places where it said zen in the alx file, but there was no vendor code to change where it said zen?

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

i found this link that will allow you to download the zen them ota, i downloaded it and it works fine. I used the zen theme with tmo when i tried out the pearl but am not able to find out how to go to the profiles icon on the home screen, i remember seeing a post on how it was done, something of a cool trick but can't find it. here is the link

http://www.knology.net/~acidmax/blac...ension_zen.jad

hope this works out for you

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Here is an ota link...
    http://www.knology.net/~acidmax/blac...ension_zen.jad, let us know if it works, did for me.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sorry for posting that link after it was already done. I just got the link from jibi, and about 30 minutes ago loaded it to my 8703e.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cp, do you know of a way to get to the profile icon on the home screen while using the zen theme, I don't want to set a convenience button to do it, but will if necessary

PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am new to the Zen theme so I'm learning as you are. I just choose the bottom icon and scroll to the profiles option. I have both convenience keys used.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you know the second post I did on this thread that shows the link to bbforums also has a zen today theme that works great, I did have some issues with it such as not being able to go to the profiles which is located at the bottom of the page, but other than that, it works great

Thanks guys, I got it. The OTA link above worked.I think I may like the Vodafone-Today theme better though, I like the little preview it gives you on the main screen when an email arrives. Thanks to all for helping me through it.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tab1217
    Thanks guys, I got it. The OTA link above worked.I think I may like the Vodafone-Today theme better though, I like the little preview it gives you on the main screen when an email arrives. Thanks to all for helping me through it.
    Have you tried Dimension-Today?

Nope, haven't heard of that one. Where did you get it from?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast