I recently changed companies, and got on a new BES. To do this, we did ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Verizon 8703e Question - Occassional Resets Automatically?

Advertisement

I recently changed companies, and got on a new BES. To do this, we did a "wipe handheld", and I reloaded my programs. I subsequently got my device wet, warranty replacement, and reloaded all programs from scratch and re-authorized to our BES. Here's my issue: lately, my 8703e likes to reset on its own. I'll be in the middle of typing a text message, or it will just be laying on my desk, and all of sudden it will just reset (screen goes black - fades, and the unit resets). I can hear this because my BT headset will lose connectivity, and then I look at the device and the LED is red.

I have it connected to my BES, running various apps like GMAIL, GoogleTalk, Opera Mini, BBWeather.

Can anyone tell me if this is common?

Does anyone know how I can look at a log or something to determine what is making it reset on it's own?

Thank you!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Verizon 8703e Question - Occassional Resets Automatically?

have you tried a reload of the device OS?

PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

No, I don't believe so. Can you point me to the right spot to get instructions/download/etc. for doing this? One question, will I need to wipe the handheld or reload applications with an O/S reload? Will I need to reactivate my device on the BES? Just curious. Thanks!

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lindycu
    No, I don't believe so. Can you point me to the right spot to get instructions/download/etc. for doing this? One question, will I need to wipe the handheld or reload applications with an O/S reload? Will I need to reactivate my device on the BES? Just curious. Thanks!
    Yes, you will need to reactivate with the BES and reinstall the 3rd party apps. You will need to have desktop manager on your computer and a copy of the OS, browse to: Forums Home > RIM Software & Services > RIM Handheld OS > General and 4.1 Blackberry OS Guide, Sticky General and 4.1 Blackberry OS Guide

(sorry I can't post links yet)
    Last edited by jrockett; 05-16-2007 at 12:04 PM.

PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Thanks Rocket. I may try that. I'm sure it is something with a java applet or a corrupt file. Is there a log file that I can view on the BB that allows me to see what caused it to lock up and reset? Just curious.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Not that I'm aware of. The only logs I'm aware of are call logs and the BES server logs, sorry.