Hello all, I am new to this forum as well as to BB devices. I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jastylr no está en línea Stack level 1

Variable snooze duration?

Hello all,

I am new to this forum as well as to BB devices. I just purchased a BB 8703e after previously using a Samsung i730 smartphone. One of the applications I most use is the Calendar and I am used to having the ability to select the amount of snooze time that I want once a reminder becomes active. When the reminder is displayed, I could choose to snooze for 5 minutes or maybe an hour or even a day. It appears that on the BB, you can only set a global snooze duration for all reminders in the Calendar and once the reminder is displayed, you can only select this choice. This is frustrating as I often need to set variable durations. Is it possible that I have missed something somewhere or am I stuck with this issue.

It would seem to be a simple and useful feature to have as part of any calendar application and I don't know if there are ways to hack the BB or not. Also, is there a place to suggest feature requests directly to BB for future updates? Any information would be appreciated.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Ask Me
    Welcome to the Stacks Jastylr. While I don't believe you can change the snooze time on the run, you may want to check out this new app (still in development):

I'm not sure if it has the function that you are looking for, but it appears to have many more options than the standard alarm.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask
    jastylr, Welcome to PinStack.

I just Select Open and change the time, if I really want it to snooze more than the preset time. Takes a little longer but it does work.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

butchr no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB ( I also converted from a 4amsung smartphone and miss this feature. It was very handy and I'm surprised how much I miss it.