Hi I'm using an 8700g and in my work I travel across Australia each week ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Utility for calendar adjustment in TimeZones?

Advertisement

Hi

I'm using an 8700g and in my work I travel across Australia each week therefore regular crossing of time zones.

When I arrive in a new location if I adjust the time zone the appointments in my calendar alter to a different start time. Why is that? I still want them to start at say 06:30 but I want my BB to register the time in my current timezone?

Is there a 3rd party utility to work around this or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Ed

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Utility for calendar adjustment in TimeZones?

You got me Ed, just want to bump you up to get a response.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ednap
    Hi

I'm using an 8700g and in my work I travel across Australia each week therefore regular crossing of time zones.

When I arrive in a new location if I adjust the time zone the appointments in my calendar alter to a different start time. Why is that? I still want them to start at say 06:30 but I want my BB to register the time in my current timezone?

Is there a 3rd party utility to work around this or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Ed
    If you set your BB's time synchronization to Network instead of BlackBerry (or None!), it should automatically adjust the time for your location and your calendar's appointments should adjust as well (at least that's what's been reported to me!).
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    If you set your BB's time synchronization to Network instead of BlackBerry (or None!), it should automatically adjust the time for your location and your calendar's appointments should adjust as well (at least that's what's been reported to me!).
    When you say "your calendar's appoint,ments should adjust as well" what do you mean?

I'd actually like the 07:00 appointment to stay at 07:00 regardless of the time zone I'm in.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The BB Calendar is designed to work in the same way that Outlook works. If you set the Appointment correctly for the Time the meeting will occur in the time zone you that is set when you enter it, then it will be correct after you change time zones. This is because some users will have an appointment that is a teleconference that spans multiple time zones. I prefer the way the BB and Outlook work because it facilitates multiple time zone telecons, the BB and Outlook sync correctly and Meeting notices will be have the correct time for the all zones.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    The BB Calendar is designed to work in the same way that Outlook works. If you set the Appointment correctly for the Time the meeting will occur in the time zone you that is set when you enter it, then it will be correct after you change time zones. This is because some users will have an appointment that is a teleconference that spans multiple time zones. I prefer the way the BB and Outlook work because it facilitates multiple time zone telecons, the BB and Outlook sync correctly and Meeting notices will be have the correct time for the all zones.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Thanks. I span 3 time zones as I travel. Unfortunately my appointments are only 10% teleconference (if that, only 3 a month) spanning those timezones. The other 90% are physical appointments which are often agreed to and entered in Outlook while still in a different timezone from where the actual meeting will take place.

Eg. While still in Sydney I make an appointment to see a person at 13:00 when I'm in Perth next week. From the way you describe it I have to enter that appointment at 11:00 (sydney time) so that it corrects to 13:00 Perth time when I'm there next week.

Sounds easy but I don't like the manual time adjustment I need to claculate when entering the appointment in either my BB or Oultook.

Am I making sense?

Ed

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well I use Outlook to enter all my appointments. It has an option to set what time zone the appointment is in and automatically corrects it for the current time zone. Then when I sync it is correct on the BlackBerry.

While typing this, I just checked and my Pearl now has that option also. So, there is hope for you.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Well I use Outlook to enter all my appointments. It has an option to set what time zone the appointment is in and automatically corrects it for the current time zone. Then when I sync it is correct on the BlackBerry.

While typing this, I just checked and my Pearl now has that option also. So, there is hope for you.

Rcbjr.
    Thanks. I too use OutLook (or my BB) to set the appointments so I will check out the timezone option you mention. I have never noticed it but that most probably because I have not paid sufficient attention to it

If I can fix that then the only remaining hurdle will be the late introduction of daylight savings in WA and what that does to my BB when in WA