Hi, So i just performed a search on using the bb in china and I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bluecraze no está en línea Stack level 1

Using BB in shanghai

So i just performed a search on using the bb in china and I was able to find some topics but they were a few months old and no information was found.

My question is, my internet browser disappeared and my data connections are refused. i was told that if i configured my Pearl right, it would work with the China Mobile network.

Does anyone know how i can fix this? would resetting the device help at all?

ive tried contacting customer care at china mobile but everytime i call, i have a difficult time communicating to them because of the language barriers.

any help would be much appreciated.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Using BB in shanghai

First, you need an unlocked device so that it can use other carrier's networks.

Second, you need to get an International Data Plan so that when you're in another country, their providers will work with your SIM. The alternative is to have another SIM from a carrier in that country.

Data Connection Refused is the message you get when you have no BlackBerry Data Plan with the carrier. The implication is that you have International PHONE service, but not International Data service.