Now that I'm back with my trusty bulletproof 7290, I've been thinking about uses for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Uses for my Spare 8700

Advertisement

Now that I'm back with my trusty bulletproof 7290, I've been thinking about uses for my outdated 8700 and I've come up with this:

I like to keep messages forever, but too many stored on a BB sometimes slows it down. So, I'll keep messages for 90 day periods, save them to my PC selectively (using DM) and rename the backups after the quarter (First Qtr 2008, 2nd Qtr 2008, etc.). If I need to access a message from the past, all I need to do is a selective Restore to my "dinosaur" 8700 without disturbing my current handheld, and I can find the message using Search. My 8700 has become an archive viewing device!! Finally something it will be good at!!!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Also good for paper weight...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    When I first saw the thread title I thought about how much my friend's 4 year old liked to play with my 8700. If I hadn't given it to my sister, that's where it would be.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    My 8700g was a great phone. Solid and dependable. I miss it at times, when I'm not really thrilled with my rollerball.
    Andy

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Put it in the kids toy box !!!
    Mike

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I loved my old 8700, but without service, I don't know what I'd do with it besides practice os upgrades and testing themes and such.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I do kinda miss my 8700. Maybe I'll get it back from my sister and use at as just a work phone so my 8320 doesn't get all dusty and scratched up.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    I do kinda miss my 8700. Maybe I'll get it back from my sister and use at as just a work phone so my 8320 doesn't get all dusty and scratched up.
    8700 is really an excellent BB, I'm finding myself using both the 7290 and the 8700g. 7290 is *retro* and the 8700 looks more modern and has much better screen resolution and sound capabilities - both are equally strong PIM devices, though, so the one I use depends on my mood. If I need to do l-o-n-g messaging, though, I lean towards th 7290 because of it's larger/brighter keyboard.