I have trouble with re-setting a user. The person in question changed her surname recently ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Michealgeraghty no está en línea Stack level 1

User Re-set

Advertisement

I have trouble with re-setting a user. The person in question changed her surname recently as she got marriad and now we need to reset her name on the device. I have change her profile completely in Active Directory, done the same on the Blackberry enterprise server and the Blackberry itself but when she sends an external mail from the compnay her name comes up in that users account as he old surname. I have litterally done everything i can think of at this stage so any help would be appeciated.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: User Re-set

This may or may not apply to BES but I know in BIS you can log into your account and go to Setup Internet Email. Then go to the address in question you can edit the name that shows up.

Michealgeraghty no está en línea Stack level 1

No its definitly an exchange account, we dont allow users to set up their personal email for on the BB's and i have checked.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I think BES goes some kind of caching for user accounts. Something within BES reads the user accounts and permissions from AD and and keeps the info. We kind of had an issue with this with the "send as permissions." Even if you change the permissions on the account we had to either stop the redirector service for 20 minutes then start it again or reboot BES so it would pick up the changes.

Maybe that will help you out a bit.