I recently switched employers. My new employer gave me a BB 7290 on Cingular tied ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

srletend no está en línea Stack level 1

Use 8700g on Cingular?

Advertisement

I recently switched employers. My new employer gave me a BB 7290 on Cingular tied to their e-mail network. At my old employer I used my BB 8700g and T-Mobile.

I want to use my 8700g rather than the 7290. My new employer said it was not possible to swith their e-mail system my phone/carrier. My questions are:

(1) If I have an unlocked T-Mobile 8700g, can I use the SIM card from the Cingular 7290 in the 8700g on the Cingular network and get my corporate e-mail, phone service, etc?

(2) Any other way to use the 8700g rather than the 7290?

Thanks.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Use 8700g on Cingular?

Welcome to the Stacks Srletend.

As long as you have your 8700g unlocked you should be able to use it on Cingular no problem. Just double check with your IT department to make sure they support your device. Some IT groups are pretty particular.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by srletend
    My new employer said it was not possible to swith their e-mail system my phone/carrier.
    They need a better BES admin. The carrier is irrelevant. Our BES has Blackberries from multiple carriers on it (as any BES can). BES doesn't care what carrier the BB's are on.

On the other hand, it's entirely possible that your new employer has a preferred carrier but that's an entirely separate matter.

Quote Originally Posted by srletend
    (1) If I have an unlocked T-Mobile 8700g, can I use the SIM card from the Cingular 7290 in the 8700g on the Cingular network and get my corporate e-mail, phone service, etc?
    Yes -- you definitely can if they insist on using Cingular. You will need to either sync the 8700g via USB or request an Enterprise Activation password to start the Enterprise Activation. The former method won't involve IT if Desktop Manager is installed on your PC and you're connected to the company network.

Just be aware that you can end up with their restrictive IT policies on your personal BB and that nothing is private on your device while it is attached to their BES.
    Last edited by takeshi; 03-21-2007 at 12:30 PM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yup,get the 8700g unlock and you can def use your cingy sim and get your emails there. Goodluck!