What I have tried: Resending my service books Re registering with BES My email, SMS, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rbone100 no está en línea Stack level 1

I upgraded to V4.5.0 rel 81 and 108 and now I can't use my browser!

Advertisement

What I have tried:

Resending my service books
    Re registering with BES

My email, SMS, Calendar and phone all work. I just can't get to any sites other then the one listed below!!

I also upgraded to the newest release V4.5.0 rel 108 and it still won't work.

When I use the Blackberry browser or Cingular browser I cannot connect to any websites. I get an HTTP Error 400 Bad Request and when I show the details it says: Connection refused www . yahoo . com:80 (Trying to connect to yahoo or ebay or google!!)

The only site that it will connect to is www . philly . com. All other sites give me the error of whatever site I put in followed by :80

I am on my work BES and the people who run the BES said that they don't know what the problem is. (They don't care that I upgraded the OS--I am the only one who did it!)

I am on the Cingular network and prior to any upgrade I deleted the vendor.xml file.

Note: I skipped spaces in the web addresses above because I can't post links yet on here!

Also note:
    Prior to the upgrade the info under TCP was blank. (I was on 4.2) I grabbed a co workers BB (Who is on V4.0) and verified that there is nothing populated under TCP. I guess the security policy from BES puts it in?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    I had the same issue on one of my prior all I did was call my service provider (Tmobile) and had them resend my browser app.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Try registering the Host Routing table. Once you do that it should bring back the Browser application. If that doesn't work resend the Service books. You have to call the service provider to do that since you are on BES; or the BES admin should be able to resend your Service Books back to your device for you!
    Give that a try and let us know what the results were.......
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    Try registering the Host Routing table. Once you do that it should bring back the Browser application. If that doesn't work resend the Service books. You have to call the service provider to do that since you are on BES; or the BES admin should be able to resend your Service Books back to your device for you!
    Give that a try and let us know what the results were.......
    I re registered the host routing table from the device and I still get the same error.

I am still able to receive my mail from Yahoo on my device. I went to the Personal email setup wizard on my device and there is an option to resend the service books. I got a confirmation message that the service books were resent and I still get the same error.

I just don't get it......

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    You have to have your service provider or BES manager resend your Browser app. Just pester the BES admin to resend your browser it's quite easy (if he's not a lazy lima bean) =D

I've tried all of the suggestions listed above and nothing seems to work. I've asked my admin to resend my service books yesterday and they did. They told me to shut off my device for a half hour. I didn't power on for at least an hour.

I still can't access sites other then philly dot com but the weirdest thing is that I now have html email which is fantastic! I would imaging that the email client must go out to the internet to grab the images for the html emails? Why is my browser not allowing me to browse sites?

I think it has something to do with our proxy settings at work that are now effecting the device since I get:

Error 400 Bad Request and when I show the details it says:

Connection refused www yahoo dot com :80 (When trying to connect to yahoo or ebay or any other site)

This same error happens when I use the blackberry browser or the Cingular browser. I wonder if I would get the same error if I install Opera?

I installed Opera and it works great. I am able to get to any site that I wish even with the Cingular browser or Blackberry browser not working.

I don't get it but I am happy now!

sagema no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem

I've just upgraded to 4.5.0.55 and now can't access all website. BBC News works ok, but facebook gives HTTP Error 400 : Bad Request with details of Connection Refused <facebook URL>:80

Is this a ploy to get me to dump my Pearl!