I was receiving my work emails before the upgrade but now my extra browser icons ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ellandry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CA1371

Upgraded OS on my 8700c how do I get my Enterprise Activation back?

Advertisement

I was receiving my work emails before the upgrade but now my extra browser icons are gone and the enterprise activation icon is back. do I have to get another password from my it department?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Upgraded OS on my 8700c how do I get my Enterprise Activation back?

You can either do that or sync via USB with your PC -- provided it's on your company network with access to your email server.

You always have to activate after an upgrade.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ellandry
    I was receiving my work emails before the upgrade but now my extra browser icons are gone and the enterprise activation icon is back. do I have to get another password from my it department?
    Assuming you mean you don't have an Enterprise Activation icon on your home screen, you can also get to it by going to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Enterprise Activation.

Before activating, you should do the following:
    1. Wipe your BlackBerry - (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Security Options --> General Settings, Click the Wheel or Menu Button and select Wipe Handheld.
    2. When the device comes up, (enter a NEW password if required), turn on the Wireless/Radio and wait until you have a good signal indicated (any letters next to the signal strength must be CAPS such as GPRS, EDGE, 1X, EVDO.
    3. Wait for a message to come in with the subject Registration and the message "Your handheld has been registered with the Wireless network". If it doesn't come in, go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> (Advanced Options -->) Host Routing Table. Click the Wheel or Menu button and select Register Now. You should get the message Registration message sent.
    4. Go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Date/Time and set the appropriate time zone. If possible, set the Date/Time source to Network. If possible, click the wheel and select Update Time - this will set the device's time automatically. Otherwise set it manually.
    Now you can perform an Enterprise Activation two ways:
    1. Over The Air (OTA) - your need to get an Enterprise Activation password from your BES Administrator to do it this way.
    2. Wired - with your company Email client (and connected) and Desktop Manager installed for your Enterprise and running on your computer, simply connect your BlackBerry to your computer. The BlackBerry will "see" the BES through Desktop Manager (version 4.1 or higher required) and your identity through your email client's setup, and begin an Enterprise Activation automatically - no email address or password required. We don't know why, but this will NOT work over a Wireless (802.11) connection - a WIRED connection to the network is required!
    Before I get all kinds of replies that the first part isn't necessary, for whatever reason in my environment (supporting 3,000+ BB's in a company with 6,000+), OTA NEVER WORKS on a new device without first wiping it, so we ALWAYS wipe the device.

Also, OTA only works about 1/2 the time, and even when it does, the users usually end up coming back with strange problems. A Wired OTA is more reliable in our environment, and when done this way users almost never come back with problems.
    JerryD

Chris459 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6C4CB

re-send your service books go to cingular.com/blackberrystart and login

Atomicmoose no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    We never have problems with OTA activations. Strange that you do. What version of BES are you running, ellandry?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Again, you always have to perform an Enterprise Activation after upgrading if you're on BES. It's not a service book issue (resending BIS service books won't help with an EA activation) and the OP didn't state that the EA icon was missing nor is this an usual problem. It's standard procedure for upgrading a BES-connected BB.