Howdy y'all, My first post. Be gentle with me. I've had my Cingular 8700c for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

drpete no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E98F2F

Upgraded 8700c OS...now can't sync with Outlook

Advertisement

Howdy y'all,

My first post. Be gentle with me.

I've had my Cingular 8700c for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. This is my first BB. However, I've caused myself a problem.

I upgraded the OS. I love the Zen theme. However, since the upgrade I can't sync with Outlook. Kind of a pain in the ...

Also, the neither the backup I did before the upgrade nor the backup created during the upgrade would restore. So...I've had to re-enter all my contacts, calendar items, etc. Fortunately I didn't have that many of either. But what a pain.

When I look at the sync log it states that there were no changes. Thus no sync.

Any ideas? I can live without the Outlook sync but I am lazy and would prefer the sync.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete

P.S.,
    I've seen and handled the new Pearl...I wonder, since I've had the 8700c less than 30 days can I exchange for the Pearl without too much trouble? I'm wavering because I think the Pearl's screen might be too small for my web surfing and email reading.

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E
    I would remove the device from the syncing software then re-add it and force the sync...I use mine with Lotus Notes, and a BES so, I'm not really familiar with your problem. Though with my old Pocket PC, I would have to remove it then add it again to force a sync.

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E
    also I would not get a pearl if you like the screen size, I will sacrifice some screen size to have a phone size i like better but it is all up to preference and how you plan to use the device.

drpete no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E98F2F

How do you remove the device from the BB desktop manager?

Quote Originally Posted by SSM_Scotch
    I would remove the device from the syncing software then re-add it and force the sync...I use mine with Lotus Notes, and a BES so, I'm not really familiar with your problem. Though with my old Pocket PC, I would have to remove it then add it again to force a sync.
    I can't figure out how to remove my BB from the desktop manager.