Does anyone know how to download the blackberry browser? I just upgraded from a 7130e ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rwilhi no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrade from 7130E to 8703E No Blackberry browser, only Verizon browser?

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to download the blackberry browser? I just upgraded from a 7130e which had two browsers, A Verizon Browser and a Blackberry browser. My New 8703 Only had the Verizon Browser.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: Upgrade from 7130E to 8703E No Blackberry browser, only Verizon browser?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hi rwilhi, if you are on BIS try sending the service books to yourself again

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

You can also do this, options, advanced, host routing table, and click the trackwheel on the bold name, then choose register now.

If you are on BIS did you update your handheld?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

rwilhi, welcome to PinStack.

As cp asked, have you logged into your BIS account and replaced the old BB with the new one in your account device identification?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

I had the same problem. I had to take my BB back to the Verizon store and they had to troubleshoot it with tech support and the district manager. It took two hours but it works great now.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

hondaguy900 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone know the actual difference(s) between the Blackberry Browser and the Internet Browser on the 8703e/Verizon?

One thing that I notice is that the Blackberry Browser keeps the bookmarks expanded when opened, and the Internet Browser doesn't (any way to change this?).

Also, some sites don't work on Blackberry Browser (sites that you need to log into), however mobile.blackberry.com only fully works on Blackberry Browser.

Thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    The BlackBerry Browser is a BES related browser, where the Internet Browser is from your personal account.

hondaguy900 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    The BlackBerry Browser is a BES related browser, where the Internet Browser is from your personal account.
    So does that mean that the Blackberry Browser routes through our Blackberry Server before going out to the Internet, and the Internet Browser goes out directly to the internet? What Personal Account are you talking about?

VZWmole no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy900
    So does that mean that the Blackberry Browser routes through our Blackberry Server before going out to the Internet, and the Internet Browser goes out directly to the internet? What Personal Account are you talking about?
    Yes I had the same question about the differences between the 2 browsers.