Hi again everyone, I see so many new faces here, I was here in December ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gngmom no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Unlocking my blackberry 8700g cingular

Advertisement

Hi again everyone,

I see so many new faces here, I was here in December unlocking a blackberry pearl and everyone on this site was soo helpful. My friend got a cingular blackberry 8700g and I was able to buy a unlocking code but it did not work, I contacted the company who told me about going to Nextgenserver where they can help, all is helpful until I got to the part where I have to download a next generation server client 1.08D; what is that? where can I get it? I don't see it on their site to download, I am lost now.

Do you know anything about this?

Thank you again for your wonderful help.

gngmom

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Re: Unlocking my blackberry 8700g cingular

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that sounds kinda shady. Depending on how your service provider is, you should be able to just call them, give em the imei and after a period of time they will send you the unlock code for the phone.
    IMHO using a program sounds funny.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I will agree an unlock code, from what I have seen is just that a code they send you.
    a program does sound shady, there are plenty of real companies that will give you the code outright, one comes to mind, because it's been talked about here alot is www.gsmphonesource.com
    never used them but most people will agree
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

I just purchased a phone for one of my kids off Ebay. A cingy phone, that was supposed to be unlock. It wasn't. I am a TMO customer, so this was an issue. I called Cingular and told them my predicament and they were EXTREMELY helpful and had an unlock code emailed to me within 4 days I think. I didn't have to lie and say I was going to Peru for a year to do missionary work or anything. Maybe give them a call. Granted, I can be pretty suave on the phone..lol......but I'm thinking they could help you too!
    Andy