Hey guys, i have a t mobile 8700g that i had unlocked. i just signed ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mocerino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31801AC9

Unlocked T Mobile 8700 on AT&T

Advertisement

Hey guys, i have a t mobile 8700g that i had unlocked. i just signed up with at&t and was told from the sales guy that my 8700g can be configured so that my web and email will work on the at&t network. i got my new sim today and put it in and called him up again (telesales). he transfered me to tech. they told me that it cannot be done. im a little upset. i dont have the cash right now to buy a new curve, and i do not like t mobile in my area and owe them money. you guys would know better hopefully. can this be done? if so, can someone refer me to the right people who can help me get this done please. thank you guys for your help
    -joe

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Unlocked T Mobile 8700 on AT&T

Yup -- just make sure you have a Blackberry data plan properly provisioned. Configuration is handled automatically by the service books. You might need to supply TCP settings for 3rd party apps if you're BIS only.

No offense meant to anyone who is a rep here but most of them are pretty worthless -- particularly when it comes to Blackberries. I'd recommend looking for answers here or on other BB forum sites instead.

mocerino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31801AC9

Re: Unlocked T Mobile 8700 on AT&T

yeah thanks, thats what i thought. i was told i could by att telesales guy when he signed me up. when i got the sim in the mail i called up and tech support told me that my phone will not work. any suggestions on the right dept that i should look for when calling up? thank you again....
    -joe