I used to be with TMobile. Switched to ATT. The 8700g is unlocked. Can't receive ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2

Unlocked 8700g on ATT

Advertisement

I used to be with TMobile. Switched to ATT. The 8700g is unlocked. Can't receive MMS on the ATT network. Got the TCP settings.

APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password for APN: CINGULAR1

Tried it with and without those settings. Can anyone help...or provide a link to where this has already been discussed? Thanks.

P.S. I've got the Curve with ATT now, but wanted to give My 8700g to my sister who is with ATT and wanted to make sure that these settings work. We live about a 8 hour plane ride away. Setting everything up first would be much easier. Thanks!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Unlocked 8700g on ATT

Do you have a data plan? MMS can only be recieved with a data plan on Cingular. MMS comes through the internet and requires a service book in the device to be able to recognize the request.

Zo

Don't have a Data Plan. I can still get MMS messages...(I think that's what Picture Messages are, right) with my Curve...all I have is the SMS package. Do you think that I'm being charged per use? If it works on my Curve...how can I get it to work on the 8700g?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You need a BB data plan. The newest Curves have been updated so they don't need the data plan IIRC (so you're comparing apples to oranges).

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    You need a BB data plan. The newest Curves have been updated so they don't need the data plan IIRC (so you're comparing apples to oranges).
    I.C. Come to think of it, when I was using the 8700g myself, I was never able to receive MMS.