Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i would say its the location thats giving you the problem. If cingular can give ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

Re: Unlocked 8700g from Tmobile and now signal is bad?

Advertisement

i would say its the location thats giving you the problem. If cingular can give you the better signal they use them. Unlocking a phone to my knowledge does not effect the performace of the phones reception ability.
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

If you set it to manual it is supposed to stay on the provider you set it to. They do that because some companies still charge roaming while tmobile does not.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

pspiegel no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by williamlc21
    If you set it to manual it is supposed to stay on the provider you set it to. They do that because some companies still charge roaming while tmobile does not.
    i think it is a dead zone near my house.. i drove downtown and had full signal... so I am thinking it is more of a coverage thing than an unlocking thing (or at least I hope)..

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Unlicking your phone has nothing to do with reception. If you have the network set to manual selection, then it won't select Cingular or any other network if the other network has a better signal. You'll go to having no coverage or searching for network.
    I've unlocked my T-Mobile 8700g, as well as the 7105t that I own and I've never had a reception issue with either. I have my set to automatic for the network selection. We don't pay for roaming, so I don't mind the automatic network selection. I prefer to have the service of my BB. It's just a personal choice for me.

JamesB968 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been given an 8700 T-Mobile BB which is locked. How do I go about getting it unlocked to go to Cingular which is now my carrier??

TIA!!
    JamesB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12