Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

When unloacking an 8700 does that free up a PIN that has been locked to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Inevitable no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2039b5eb

Re: Unlock 8700's for a price.

Advertisement

When unloacking an 8700 does that free up a PIN that has been locked to a particular blackberry user?

rjedward no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Hey Hayden - I've been kicking this around for days now, even stumped some people, but I think there must be a simple answer, good or bad, that I'm just not getting. I've got an 8700r from e-bay, bought unlocked, had some trouble with a keyboard lock and in the process of dealing with seller I got the unlock code (he claims he unlocked the phone before shipping). I'm trying to get the thing to accept my FIDO sim. With one brief exception which I will describe, the BB has been saying "no valid sim". After wiping the BB with javaload.exe, and installing the device software from Rogers, the BB recognised the (apparently Rogers) sim it came with; I got an email message to the effect that the BB was recorded on the network. Either before or after this (I didn't notice the message right away), I went to the settings - options - advanced options - sim page, and indeed, the sim was recognised. Unfortunately, I didn't think to try to enter the unlock code at that point. I just went ahead and dropped in my FIDO sim and re-booted. No valid sim! When I slip the original sim in, no valid sim - the BB no longer recognizes it. However, when I went to the Rogers store, I had a clerk use the sim from her Rogers BB -- it worked like a charm. But i've since tried other valid Rogers sims, and nothing. Two questions, i guess: 1) was the BB network-locked all along, despite what the seller said and despite what the sim screen says when I enter MEPD: personalization - network - disabled? 2) is there any way you know of to remove the lock? Cheers.

rjedward no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Did anyone answer this guy's query? I found myself in this position and have yet to get beyond it. sorry, but

DOES "DISABLED" IN THIS CONTEXT MEAN THAT THE PHONE IS UNLOCKED???!!!!!

I can't see that it does, because I have not been able to get the damn thing to recognize any sim other than Rogers, and that was only temporary. Every damn SIM i put is said to be invalid, whether they are from an active phone or not. This, despite having wiped the BB and reinstalling. Yet my BB was supposedly unlocked. I've actually got the unlock code.

HELP!!!!

I've been unable to go beyond the screen referred to here, the one you get after entering "MEPD". Like he said, all of the entries that are brought up contain the "disabled" indication.

Quote Originally Posted by militantmin
    Hi guys,
    thanks in advance for answering the newbie question... I just received a 8700r I won online in a contest. Out of interestes sake- and because I don't know much about the device or what locked devices and unlocked devices are about- I tried the first step of that enter unlock code thing:
    Entering Blackberry Unlock Code Instructions
    Model : All BlackBerry

1 - From the main menu go to 'Options' / 'SIM card'.
    2 - While holding the SHIFT key, type mepd
    3 - You should now see the five locking categories listed.

Now I see the categories, SIM, network, netowkr subset, service provider, and corporate and they all say "disabled". Does that mean that my device is unlocked? If so what are the benefits and what's a good idea to proceed from here. Currently I have no provider with this unit and have simply inserted my old Rogers cell SIM card to use it as my new phone until I figure out what plan or whatever I want to get into!

Thanks again!

rifraf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Anyone know how i can get the code to unlock a rogers phone. I really dont want to pay anything.

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    Anyone know how i can get the code to unlock a rogers phone. I really dont want to pay anything.
    ypu can always contact your provider i guess. I contacted TMob last night and they had my code ready for me in the morning. free of charge, of course

yadda31 no está en línea Stack level 1

Tmobile Also Gives U The Code To Unlock Ur Phone For Free Just Like Drgoodtymes And Hayden Said Tell Them Well They Ask You If You Are Going On Vacation And Say Yes To Japan Or Somewhere Over That Way And They Will Email U The Code For Free

doodie123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i got my curve wich is on my acct and my pearl wich was but not any more unlocked so just get sumone that has an acct to get it unlocked it shud work if u get sum1 nice

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedward View Post
    Did anyone answer this guy's query? I found myself in this position and have yet to get beyond it. sorry, but

DOES "DISABLED" IN THIS CONTEXT MEAN THAT THE PHONE IS UNLOCKED???!!!!!

I can't see that it does, because I have not been able to get the damn thing to recognize any sim other than Rogers, and that was only temporary. Every damn SIM i put is said to be invalid, whether they are from an active phone or not. This, despite having wiped the BB and reinstalling. Yet my BB was supposedly unlocked. I've actually got the unlock code.

HELP!!!!

I've been unable to go beyond the screen referred to here, the one you get after entering "MEPD". Like he said, all of the entries that are brought up contain the "disabled" indication.
    Yes Sim Disabled means the phone is unlocked. Unfortunately I don't have anymore insite for you other than I know that when I put an old inactive sim in my unlocked BBs it will also state invalid sim. I personally have no idea why it would be rejecting a active one.

Good luck in finding an answer.

dgduffy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DBE5D5

Unlocking Tmo

T-Mobile will always unlock gratis if you have had the instrument for 3 months or more - I have been doing this for two years, and I buy local cards in Italy, Greece France and Turkey - no prob. I just replace the Tmob card each evening for email.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345