Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Got my 8700c yesterday and sent the info to adam at GSM Phone Source got ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jisaacs no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203AE19D

Re: Unlock 8700's for a price.

Advertisement

Got my 8700c yesterday and sent the info to adam at GSM Phone Source got my unlock code within 3 hours, unlocked and now on tmo network working great. GSM Phone Source by far the cheapest and best way to go.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I just called Cingular today. I should have my code in 5-10 days. I just called the international # and played dumb Nothing beats free!

StanWilson no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Cingular customers Try the free route first:

Call Intl customer service (Cingular customrer 800-335-4685 24hrs) Tell them that you are traveling and need to roam using another SIM on prepaid. They will ask you for your Blackberry's IMEI and then give you the unlock code. Be sure to have free international roaming feature on your account.

Paying to unlock the 8700c 8700r 8700g:

Eaccess.com: The cost for this service is a one time fee of $75 US charged to your credit card - https://www.eaccessinc.com/unlock-request.htm

Gsmlocker.com: They can unlock the 8700. Pay On-line and receive a code by email within 48-72 hours. - http://www.gsmlocker.com/blackberryunlock.asp

Gsmphonesource.com: You pay for the unlocking service, and when you submit your order, you will include the IMEI number and model number for the Blackberry you are unlocking in the notes section. The IMEI # can be obtained when you enter *#06# from your phones keypad, it will display a 15 digit number - http://www.gsmphonesource.com/reunforatcib.html

Unlockitnow.com: Please choose the unlock method that is most suitable for you. - http://www.unlockitnow.com/Blackberry/8700c.php

Ebay: for blackberry Unlocking Kits and Services - http://cell-phones.search.ebay.com/b...0QQsacatZ43312

Entering Blackberry Unlock Code Instructions
    Model : All BlackBerry

1 - From the main menu go to 'Options' / 'SIM card'.
    2 - While holding the SHIFT key, type mepd
    3 - You should now see the five locking categories listed.
    4 - While holding the SHIFT key again, type mep2.
    5 - Release the shift key.
    6 - You are now prompted to enter the Network MEP code (it will also state how many attempts left)
    7 - Enter the code
    8 - Enter Return/Enter
    9 - The device should now be unlocked
    [FONT=Arial]When I follow the instructions for unlocking a Blackberry 8700c, <Sh>mepd shows that the network to be Active, which indicates it is locked to Cingular. However, there is no reaction when <Sh>mep2 or <Sh>mepe is entered. I actually have unlocked a Blackberry 7290, which has a different keyboard. What could I be doing wrong?[/FONT]

rwashing07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203B32C3

gsmphonesource is the best and fast

arul no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203BDFB0

anyone know of a place in Manchester (UK) that i can get a 8700v unlocked? i am overseas and want to get my brother to unlock it there. thanks

militantmin no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys,
    thanks in advance for answering the newbie question... I just received a 8700r I won online in a contest. Out of interestes sake- and because I don't know much about the device or what locked devices and unlocked devices are about- I tried the first step of that enter unlock code thing:
    Entering Blackberry Unlock Code Instructions
    Model : All BlackBerry

1 - From the main menu go to 'Options' / 'SIM card'.
    2 - While holding the SHIFT key, type mepd
    3 - You should now see the five locking categories listed.

Now I see the categories, SIM, network, netowkr subset, service provider, and corporate and they all say "disabled". Does that mean that my device is unlocked? If so what are the benefits and what's a good idea to proceed from here. Currently I have no provider with this unit and have simply inserted my old Rogers cell SIM card to use it as my new phone until I figure out what plan or whatever I want to get into!

Thanks again!

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone used this global unlocked company.....i~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~has anyone used this global global unlocked company to unlock a 8700r

Has anyone use this company

Has

I just purcahsed the service from Gsmphonesource.com for my 8700c last night. I haven't got an email yet. *crosses fingers* I hope I don't have to wait till Monday to get it.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I got N8's T-mobile blackberry unlocked... Or at least customer service did. You have to be a good standing customer for 3 months. Giggity...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

yeah gonna call t-mobile and see what they can do
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

spanishguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by StanWilson
    [FONT=Arial]When I follow the instructions for unlocking a Blackberry 8700c, <Sh>mepd shows that the network to be Active, which indicates it is locked to Cingular. However, there is no reaction when <Sh>mep2 or <Sh>mepe is entered. I actually have unlocked a Blackberry 7290, which has a different keyboard. What could I be doing wrong?[/FONT]
    I had the same problem and found out that you must keep pressed <Alt> instead of <Sh>, while entering mep2 at a 8700v. Anyway i must firstly find out my unlocking code. I refuse paying for a service like this. Why don't people just share application for generating unlocking codes? I can't understand so much egoism...There won't be a long time from now till somebody peer this application as happened with nokia mobiles

spanishguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by StanWilson
    Use <Alt> instead of <Sh>

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    I just purcahsed the service from Gsmphonesource.com for my 8700c last night. I haven't got an email yet. *crosses fingers* I hope I don't have to wait till Monday to get it.
    Well they weren't able to get it unlocked and I was fully refunded. Good thing for Cingular's International Customer Service

TommyFM no está en línea Stack level 1

Paid $150 to GSMlocker.com - and they sent me an 8 digit code which didn't work. Aren't these unlock codes supposed to be 16 digits? Just hoping they're willing to refund my $.

Anyone else had issues with these guys?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbroth
    Sorry about the newbie question but what benefits are there in "unlocking" your phone?
    so you can use this "unlocked phone" with different carriers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast