Greetings all... I have a 8700c on cingular, but my question is related to the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bdg_ny06 no está en línea Stack level 1

universal inbox supression...

Advertisement

Greetings all...

I have a 8700c on cingular, but my question is related to the universal inbox in general...

I have a total of 5 mail accounts (pop-configured) setup. They all work fine with no problems. Additionally, I am using the ZEN theme...

What happens (by design I suppose) when new messages arrive in their perspective "folders" is that they appear in my universal inbox (naturally).
    I would like new emails to remain in their perspective folders *only* and *not* appear in the universal inbox. Is this possible? With the ZEN theme, a wonderful job is done of keeping SMS messages separate and out of the universal inbox. Ideally, I would only like to have PIN messages (received and originated) in the universal inbox... It is very annoying to delete messages from the universal inbox that appear in their perspective folders also, only to be deleted from their perspective folders! I gather that there is only one instance of a given message and that it "appears" in both the universal inbox *and* their perspective email account folder.

Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

Many thanks -
    Brian

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: universal inbox supression...

Brian,

These are not "Folders". While I am working on a better explanation to how the message list works, until I get it finished check the one in this post, Understanding Multiple Mail App Icons (BIS 2.x). It's also linked in my sig.

There is one change I need to address, there is not just one list, there are two, the Main list, and the Saved Messages List. Those two really are separate lists.

How to deal with it? Live with it.

Rcjbr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bdg_ny06 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks Rcjbr... *ugh* - what you outlined on your post is pretty much what I feared... I'll live with it... not happy with it tho... I wonder if there is a 3rd party solution out there that might be able to address this somehow? - again - my thanks...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Arrow Zen Theme Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Brian,

These are not "Folders". While I am working on a better explanation to how the message list works, until I get it finished check the one in this post, Understanding Multiple Mail App Icons (BIS 2.x).
    Thanks for this link it was very informative.

The Zen theme came with both my 7310c & 8700c from Cingular. In an effort to get myself up to speed quickly as a first time BB user of just one month, I'm using the default theme at the moment.

Yet I read about Zen this and Zen that, so I'm curious. I did a search, and I am still a bit confused.

Just what are the advantages (and or) disavantages of the Zen theme? Should I wait until my skills are ramped up before trying Zen or just dive in?

Thanks for your response....
    archer6

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You are going to have to get others to give you the advantages of the Zen theme. I don't see any. Some people like it because it leaves more of the screen open for their DeskTop image. One of the reasons I don't like it, is that it covers the right side of the screen with large ugly Icons. I usually have only one Icon showing on my home screen.

The only possible advantage I can see with it is that I like the Banner layout better than the one used for the 8700 Plazmic custom theme.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

You are going to have to get others to give you the advantages of the Zen theme. I don't see any. Some people like it because it leaves more of the screen open for their DeskTop image. One of the reasons I don't like it, is that it covers the right side of the screen with large ugly Icons. I usually have only one Icon showing on my home screen.

Rcbjr.
    Wow.... you're fast! Thanks!

I did scroll through and take a look at the "appearance" and I agree with you, it's not of interest to me as long as I'm not missing something in the way of functionality.

So out of curiousity, You have just one, That's appealing to me as I Like simple. Just like the desktop of my laptop where I "hide" all icons for a clean uncluttered look.

Is this what you do with your BB, "hide" the Icons?

And which one do you leave visible? And how do you use it.

I know you've already guessed buy I'm a bit obsessive with organization and efficiency and not big on eye candy.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I build my own themes in theme builder. I use reduced size icons from the 7100 series photoshopped to reduce them and fit the correct layout for the Focus Icons. For the non-focus Icons I use a properly formated transparent image. Therefore only the Icon for the App that has focus on the homescreen shows up. I'll post screen shots of both my current theme and the Zen theme with the same Wallpaper for the home screen image shortly for comparision. Give me a few.

This is starting to get off topic for the thread. When I get the shots I'll start a new thread for it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

I build my own themes in theme builder. I use reduced size icons from the 7100 series photoshopped to reduce them and fit the correct layout for the Focus Icons. For the non-focus Icons I use a properly formated transparent image. Therefore only the Icon for the App that has focus on the homescreen shows up. I'll post screen shots of both my current theme and the Zen theme with the same Wallpaper for the home screen image shortly for comparision. Give me a few.

Rcbjr.
    Now you really have me sitting on the edge of my seat......