Please help... I've been searching online my entire lunch period today trying to find any ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tangytang220 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error after Yahoo Messenger upgrade

Advertisement

Please help... I've been searching online my entire lunch period today trying to find any suggestions or advice on this issue I have with my work-issued Blackberry 8703e. The story is:

I had installed the older Yahoo Messenger version and the download was successful, icon appeared, and everything was fine. Then, I was informed there was a new version (2.0...), so I headed over to the BB homepage under "what's new/hot" and downloaded the newer version. The download was successful and my BB informed me that a re-boot was required to start it up. I selected re-boot and the BB shuts down. I waited a few minutes and manually powered it back on and as it's loading up, I get this message: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error"

My Yahoo Messenger icon is gone. I then tried to re-install Yahoo Messenger... same thing... I tried to re-install the older version, it claimed to be successful in downloading, but the icon is no where to be found. I have tried the cold re-boot of removing the battery, waiting 5-10 minutes, and turning the BB back on... I get the same error message. I was able to download the newer version of Google Talk just fine last night. Yahoo Messenger has disappeared (I've already "show all" the icons just to make sure it wasn't hidden). I hadn't and haven't done anything else with the phone since. Just want my Yahoo back... any advice? I have tried the following after reading the suggestions on other forums/threads:

-Going into Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, Registering everything (all is registered)
    -Going into Options, Security, Disabling Content Security (it was already set at disabled)

georgext2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    219EDE45

Re: Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error after Yahoo Messenger upgrade

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hi Im from Mexico and I have the same problem with my BB 8700g please if you found the solution please tell me what to do. Thanks

krudedawg no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b63dc3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Same problem here. Someone please HELP!

Haas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31200C1A

Add another to list same problem here

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Haas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31200C1A

Add another to list same problem here

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TreBlack7 no está en línea Stack level 2

I used to get this same error "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" for an entirely different program. Actually a few programs

The only thing that has changed is that I have deleted a lot of the programs I had on my 8703e, and now these same programs work just fine.. I would assume that it must have been a memory issue. It may be good to just double-check and make sure the new version replaced the old version (which should have been an option given during the download prompt) . If not, you just go into Options>Advanced Options>Applications ...Find the old version and get rid of it. That's also a good place to manually get rid of some programs you don't use that may be hogging your memory. You can use the DM's Application Loader to clean up the device as well. If the problem continues even after clearing logs, deleting ancient messages, getting rid of Junk apps you don't use, etc,...then that may be the time for professional intervention.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

that happened to me too i did a restore and reinstalled the os

krokofant no está en línea Stack level 1

I had that too on my 8707 (OS 4.1), even after I removed the messenger from the device.
    I managed to get rid of it by going into the "advanced options", then "applications", then click and "modules". Somewhere there was a module with yahoo or something similar in its name, and to my surprise it let me - click - delete it via the menu.
    No problems since then.

krudedawg no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b63dc3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~WOO HOOO! I got it fixed too. In the modules, there was one still listed for the old yahoo messenger. I deleted it and error went away and new yahoo is now working great.

georgext2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    219EDE45

Thanks every one I fixed the problem too, going into "advanced option" and delete yahoo from the "aplication" and from the "service books" and thats all I dont have the problen any more.

marshalljahja no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by krudedawg View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~WOO HOOO! I got it fixed too. In the modules, there was one still listed for the old yahoo messenger. I deleted it and error went away and new yahoo is now working great.
    Hi,

Do you know how to remove the old modules of ym? I'm a newbie with BB, just bought it yesterday. Mine is curve 8320.

Please help...