Ok I am beating my head against the wall on this one. It is a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Dart no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2040aeb2

Uncaught Exception

Advertisement

Ok I am beating my head against the wall on this one. It is a super annoying problem. I have no idea what has caused it for it just happened suddenly one day.

Whats wrong
    When I start up my BB 8700G it says Uncaught Exception: Java.lang.illegalstateException. I causes my Browser to stop working, the icon is still there but the rest of the browser icons are gone such as the rogers one and the email set up one.

Now how I have been fixing it is I wipe the whole blackberry out and than reload all my files. It works fine for like 3 days *it seems until I have to pull the batt out for one reason or another* and than it does this.

Has anyone had this prob or know of a program that would be causing this. I dunno if this is a "virus" or what. I do browse alot on my BB.

I need this fixed as I am a dealer and it looks really bad trying to show off a device and not even able to use the browser capability.

THanks in advance
    Jordan

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    Are you using ramble or some im service by chance?
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I would say turn it in for a new one if it keeps re-occurring. As a dealer you shouldn't have any problems getting it replaced. Have you added any third party apps that could be causing it?

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Dart no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2040aeb2
    yah I got Rambler, Emsn and Jmirc. Plus some games. Its weird though cause I used Rambler for months with out it acting funny.

I would love to be able to just trade one in but you would be surprised... customers get product easier than dealers

memphis442 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having the same issue, no third party apps installed. The unit is a 7250, we've swapped the unit for a brand new one, as well as completely deleted the BES account, wiped the handheld, recreated the BES account, and re-activated. The BB is fine for a while, then the same error appears on reboot and the browser stops working. It seems the the WAP browser is missing, but the Internet Browser and Blackberry Browser icons are still there, they just don't do anything when selected.

memphis442 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Found this solution in another thread and it worked like a champ.

1. Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings
    2. Set Content Protection to Disabled
    3. Reboot the Blackberry

After doing this the startup error "uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalstateexception" went away, and the browsers work again. The WAP Browser icon also showed up again.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Uncaught Exception

memphis442, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the solution, that should help. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the same problem with my pearl os67

Ranjeeth no está en línea Stack level 1

When I start up my BB 7230 it says Uncaught Exception: Java.lang.illegalstateException. I causes my Browser to stop working
    I tried all the option suggested in this fourm but nothing worked for me
    I tried sending the service book
    In options > Security Set Content Protection to Disabled and rebooted
    Still no luck
    I would really appreciate if some one help me atleast in sending me the path where in atleast i can download the new software for my BB
    even when i trie to place call it give me a message Authorization Failed also

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Ranjeeth, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not sure you will find Airtell in this thread, but you will be able to find another carrier that supports the 7230. Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier). I would imagine you can find the 7230 OS on Cingular's link.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr

mutlee no está en línea Stack level 1

java.lang.IllegalStateException after a hard reset of the BlackBerry device
    Doc ID : KB05488
    Last Modified : 2007-04-18
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

* BlackBerry® device
    * BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 and 4.1
    * SDR99073

Problem

You receive the following message on the BlackBerry device after performing a hard reset:

Uncaught Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException

Additionally, you might experience any of the following symptoms:

* All browser icons (including the Internet Browser, the BlackBerry Browser, and the WAP Browser) are hidden.
    * The browser icons are present, but do not function.
    * A browser does not launch when you click a hyperlink in an email message.

Cause

This occurs within the BlackBerry Browser module when Content Protection is enabled.

Resolution

Resolution 1

Install BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 or later.

Resolution 2

A download is provided for manual installation of the BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or 4.1. Download the attached ALX (appdownload.zip) files for BlackBerry Desktop Manager and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Handheld Manager deployment, as well as the attached .jad (appdownload.jad) file for wireless installation.

For instructions about installing the files on your BlackBerry device, see the Developer Knowledge Base on blackberry.com and search for DB00041.

Contact your service provider for additional information regarding BlackBerry Device Software releases.