I have just recived a new phone from my company. Tried to copy/transfer the contacts, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

monfreez3 no está en línea Stack level 1

unable to transfer the address book

Advertisement

I have just recived a new phone from my company. Tried to copy/transfer the contacts, address book from my BB8707v to my new phone E61i via bluetooth. But it keeps saying Transfer failed. But I am able to transfer media-and ring tones. But why unable to transfer address book. Please help.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Address book transfer to another device is not supported by BlackBerry devices. It only works with car kits that I've seen and that I know of.

tony_ctc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2434cbed
    Look at your bluetooth options... there's an option... "Address book transfer"... By default it's not activated... Try to activate it and try again...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That option is for transferring contacts to your Bluetooth Car Kit. The article below states that Sharing of the address book with any bluetooth device other than car kits is not supported.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2055075867

Thumbs up thanks

thank you so much at least now i know that it can't be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    Address book transfer to another device is not supported by BlackBerry devices. It only works with car kits that I've seen and that I know of.

Thumbs up 10q

Hi now I can put that issue to rest, was cracking my head why it can't be done. But it is kinda r[FONT=Arial]idiculous right, u have address book that cannot be shared!!!![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    That option is for transferring contacts to your Bluetooth Car Kit. The article below states that Sharing of the address book with any bluetooth device other than car kits is not supported. thanks again.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2055075867

Well the address book can be shared other ways just not from one device to another like that...mainly because of formatting and such...if you do a bluetooth transfer there is no translator to change it from BlackBerry format to another format that can be read on a different device.