Recently after I switched carrier (starhub to Singtel) I’m beginning to have intermittent issue when ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jamez_chen no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to receive calls (intermittent)

Advertisement

Recently after I switched carrier (starhub to Singtel) I’m beginning to have intermittent issue when about to receive incoming calls. People will need to dial my number twice before they can get in touch with me.

I noticed when tried to call myself even though the signal is full, my BB simply does not respond and there isn't transmission activity.

Anyone encountered something like this before ?

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Unable to receive calls (intermittent)

It sound's like more of an issue with your carrier service than the device itself. WHen I've had this sort of issue, that's been the root of it anyway.

jamez_chen no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Unable to receive calls (intermittent)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley
    It sound's like more of an issue with your carrier service than the device itself. WHen I've had this sort of issue, that's been the root of it anyway.
    I wish that is the caused ... anyway just tried my 3G card on normal 2G phone seems to be fine. Could it be a compatibility issue between the 3G card and 8700v?

Advised by my carrier to changed the call settings “Restrict my identity” to ‘off’ and changed the “Counrty code” on the smart dialing to ‘Unknown’ but no luck so far

I'm still hoping is not my BB that's having issue, i have upgraded the OS to 4.2 but it still not happy