[FONT=Helv] Hi, There is a icon on my 8700 indicating how many un-read e-mail messages ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ludoh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Un-read e-mail counter does not sync

Advertisement

[FONT=Helv]Hi,
    There is a icon on my 8700 indicating how many un-read e-mail messages I have but unfortunately it does not completely synchronize with my desktop.
    When I read an e-mail on my desktop is does not replicate that back to my blackberry to mark it as read.
    Same for the other way around - when I read an e-mail on my blackberry it does not mark that e-mail as read on my desktop.

Is there anyway that the un-read e-mail counters keep in sync ? The counter also sometimes completely resets (on my 8700) so all messages on my BB show as un-read again.

I'm using my blackberry with a lotus notes corporate account.

Thanks.
    [/FONT]

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Un-read e-mail counter does not sync

Try this...Go into messages, click trackwheel, choose options, choose email reconciliation, turn on wireless reconcile.

HaMakor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203813B3

Hi Ludoh, if cp's suggestion doesn't sort it out can you please clarify a few things: Is your BlackBerry synchronising with the Lotus corporate account or with your desktop? In your Lotus Notes mail, are the unread marks working correctly? Are you aware of the structure of the Lotus mail system and if so, do you know if your mail file is being replicated between more than one Lotus server? Sorry for the questions, but there are a few things that can effect the unread marks so I'm just trying to narrow things down.

Thanks for the replies - unfortunately the suggestion from cp did not work. I'll try to answer the Lotus Notes questions:
    My BB syncronizes with my corporate account (not my desktop). My mail file replicates with one server although there are some fail-over servers if the main one fails.
    On my desktop I read my e-mails on a local account that syncs with the main server.
    Thanks again for your help.

PIN/ID
    203813B3

Hi Ludoh, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. Thanks for the info. I could understand there being a lag with the update of unread marks on your bb as any changes you make on your local mail file has to replicate with the server which in turns updates the BES and subsequently your bb, so there will certainly be a delay in the process, but if the unread marks aren't being updated at all, you may want to check the properties of your mail file.

From within your mail file, select "File - Database - Properties"
    In the popup window you will see a number of tabs, select the one at the far right with a "beanie" (propeller hat) icon.
    The first section controls the unread marks handling, make sure that the "Replicate unread marks" setting doesn't have "Never" selected. (Depending on your company policies, you may not have the option of changing this so may need to get an admin to update it if it is set to "Never")

Let us know how you get on with this and I'll try to get back within the next day or two to check for your response.

Hi HaMakor,
    I have changed the setting in the properties file as it was indeed set to "never" and it looks this has solved the problem for one way i.e. when I mark an item read on my desktop it syncs this to my BB.
    The other way around seems not to work but that could be because there is a e-mail setting "Mailbox wins" on my BB. The other option there is "Handheld wins" but it seems to lack a "Synchronize" option. This looks like you are either to only use your BB or only your desktop (at least for as far as this functionality goes).

PIN/ID
    203813B3

Hi Ludoh, again, sorry for the delayed response. Mailbox wins should be fine, but make sure that you have "Wireless Reconcile" set to "On" as per cp's suggestion. Once you've set these, run "Reconcile Now" and see if that updates things.

HI,
    so far so good - things look to stay in sync. Many thanks !