hey everyone! (my first post) i'm having issues with the keyboard/typing. sometimes when i use, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

clarion86 no está en línea Stack level 1

typing issues!!! e button types "ue"

Advertisement

hey everyone! (my first post)

i'm having issues with the keyboard/typing.

sometimes when i use, say, the E Y or U button, extra letters are being added! like extra Us Os Ys Is.....

Example:
    i type: "Are we meeting up at your place tomorrow?"
    bbery types: "Are we meeting uup at yuouur uplacue tuomuourururow?"

can anyone tell me what the deal is? do i have it on some secret setting that's making it due this?

thanks!!

-gabe

ps. what's the default font for the 8700g? i switched it around too many times and forget what the original is.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: typing issues!!! e button types "ue"

First of all welcome to the stacks.

I wouldn't know what the default font is (i'm guessing millibank tall 9 or 8) basically it's according to what theme you are using.

As far as the keys that you mentioned above, it could be that you have some lint stuck under those keys or something sticky. I would recommend using a can of air and spraying your keys. If that don't do the trick, than I really don't know what else to use. I heard some people using a q-tip and alcohol, you might wanna try that too.

If both mentioned above don't work for ya, i'm sure someone will come along and help you out.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Also try taking the battery out for 30 seconds and putting it back in. If that doesn't work then it may be an OS issue. I have heard that upgrades can get rid of typing problems. If none of the above mentioned actions get rid of the problem, it's a device issue.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Check your input language. Though this does seem like a keyboard issue.

mbyer no está en línea Stack level 2

Every keyboard/typing issue I have had (other than fat fingers) has been solved by (sorry) taking the entire device apart, de-linting every component with air and q-tips and putting it back together.

Not for the faint of heart and will breach your warranty, but you cannot imagine how much gunk gets in there. I do this every 6 months or so and always find the annoying keyboard things go away afterwards. There are tutorials on the web for this that make the first time much easier.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~