So I have two pixels that are stuck on colors, one red and one blue, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

beansy72 no está en línea Stack level 2

Two dead pixels on my screen....

Advertisement

So I have two pixels that are stuck on colors, one red and one blue, (the R and B of RGB), and I was wondering, having had the device for 4 months, is that justification enough to get a replacement? It really is annoying and disappointing. Also, would T-Mobile feel it is justified?

Thanks in advance.

-Beansy

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Two dead pixels on my screen....

beansy72, I would try to get them to replace it. Just my opinion but if it annoys you, it's a problem that should be fixed.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Hi Beansy,

I have not seen that yet myself bt I have heard of it. I dont know if TMO would replace it for only 2 pixels, I know that in the PC world, a monitor vendor typically requires 5 or more to replace it. Being a smaller screen, 2 pixels would be a greater percentage of screen coverage so they might. I would certainly try and have it replaced.

Thanks for the responses. I called customer service and they were totally understanding and are sending me a new device. They understood that this was a problem.

One interesting note. They are sending me either a new device or a very well restored refurbished device. Could be either. I thought that was strange. The rep said that if it is refurbished you could never ever tell. They do a good job. Seems odd that if you are owed a new device that they would send you a refurbished one. I was not exactly thirlled but I'll see what I get.

As loong as the pixels are all healthy.

-The Beansy

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Actually a referb can be a better deal, the first failure has already been repaired, so you won't get it. That's not to say it won't fail but the odds are better.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have mixed emotions about refurbished devices.

Here is a little fact, when the manufacturer gets the device in question they will repair the problem, but what if there is another problem they dont know about, the next person to get that device will be in trouble.

I always thought the customer was owed a brand new device. Purchasing a refurbished device is something a customer chooses to do, not the manufacturer choosing. My only concern is that it has a very 'used' look. The rep on the phone though did said that any refurbished device looks like its brand new so we will see.

-The Beansy