I have an 8700G that I unlocked and then transferred from t mobile to cingular ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tedblais no está en línea Stack level 1

Trying again to install a new OS

Advertisement

I have an 8700G that I unlocked and then transferred from t mobile to cingular (now ATT). I did this over 1 year ago.

Every once in a while I get this crazy idea of upgrading the OS in the device. It currently has 4.1.0.284

So I spend a good amount of time here and then DLing software from blackberry.com or ATT for the upgrades to 4.2 or now even 4.3 in hopes my life will be more productive and the bluetooth will work again.

But EVERY time I get denied. What usually happens is I DL the 4.2 software, then I come to a screen where the sw tries to connect to the device. I tell it to auto detect and looks at COM ports, but never finds the USB connection. THen the software disappears. Its not in my program files at all, in any folder anywhere.

I know the connection works as I DLed the 4.3 desktop sw it saw my device right away and even changed the time for me. But alas the 4.3 desktop sw would not update my device.

Am I just stupid?

THanks.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    You sure you installed it on your pc.. Most people just download it and forget to double click the OS icon to actually install onto the pc.

tedblais no está en línea Stack level 1
    so i DLed it again, but there is no system SW file to upgrade. Im looking. ANy idea where I can find it?

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    Try saving instead of downloading the OS. Then unzip and open DM and do a APP LOAD. The new OS should be available to install.

Stephen

Cooper_Lang no está en línea Stack level 2
    Here is a great step by step guide to upgrading your BlackBerry OS

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 06-03-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: edited