Ever since I got my 8700c, emails have the winmail.dat file attachment. I know they're ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

imacreep no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E99E8C

Trouble with winmail.dat attachments

Advertisement

Ever since I got my 8700c, emails have the winmail.dat file attachment. I know they're harmless, but not everyone else knows that, so it's a problem and I'm not sure what's causing it. The weird thing is that I never had this problem on my old BlackBerry and two other people in the company using the same device don't have this problem. I have looked high and low for some rogue setting that would force the BlackBerry to send messages in plain text (which is almost always a solution for this), but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Cingular is, of course, no help and I don't have the 2 hours to spare while I get tossed around from one support person to the next.

It is only with my BES/Exchange email. My other personal email seems to send without the winmail.dat (and looks plain text in my email program).

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Trouble with winmail.dat attachments

Here is a link about it. Not a BB issue. http://www.gpc.edu/~jbenson/resource/winmail.htm

imacreep no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E99E8C

Re: Trouble with winmail.dat attachments

I undertand what they are and how to correct them, but this is either a BES issue or an Exchange issue. I have two accounts on my BlackBerry. Only the BES-connected account has this problem and I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue. As I said, the other people in the office with the same device on the same network don't have this issue.