Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I have to say I'm quite happy with my 8700v, though I've never touched a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Re: Treo 650 or Blackberry 8700?

Advertisement

I have to say I'm quite happy with my 8700v, though I've never touched a treo. As far as the lack of camera, cellphone cameras ALL suck. (Sorry guys 1.3 megapixels is the best I've seen in a phone here in AUS, and that just doesn't cut it when I have my Nikon D70s which is 6.1mp) I have to admit though I would really like to see BB get a stronger html browser, and wider file reading/editing capabilities out of the box. (I know theres software to read pdf, etc, I just reckon it would be much better if it was integral).

br7ght_eyez no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203D15E9

The BB 8700 is by far the best phone ever!!!! I used a treo 600 for over a year and it gave me nothing but problems.I would pick the BB 8700c over a Treo any day..

jbc1013 no está en línea Stack level 1

Interesting when you read the Treo forum, it has mostly problems, and few people singing its praises. Not scientific by any means, but that is how I bought my last hi tech TV: I went with the model that had a forum where people were trying to tweak it rather than fix it. Obviously the 2 have different focuses and capablities, and it depends on the user as to how happy one is.

jjones614 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D2F4C7

I gave up my Treo 650 in April when the 8700 came out for T-Mobile, and I must say that it was a great move. The Treo had too many problems with software problems and reboots. It was too much trouble. Furthermore, Ciungular did not seen too keen on replacing the devices when there was a malfunction.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts
    I never have used a treo and for some reason, I don't really like the look of it in comparison to a blackberry. The 8700 makes it even more outstanding!

(FROM ANOTHER FORUM)

(FROM HERE)

HEY!!! Thats my car!!!

AND THATS MY CRACKBERRY......

LMAO

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

I consolidated my RIM 7290 and Nokia 6820 into the RIM 8700. First 8700 I got had a terrible battery life. So I turned it in, and picked up a Treo 650 - wy not I thought. Boy, I could not wait to return it and pick up the RIM 8700 again. Luckily I got one that was not defective, battery gets me through a day, and I have never been happier.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

we will see what kind of battery life my new 8700 has. my old 7100 charger works in the 8700 so i think i will just bring the new charger into work and plug her in if she gets low on me....lol

Hunain no está en línea Stack level 1

Well i just got my 8700g, its awesome, very fast and stable, but i do miss the multimedia capabilities...

sfo
    sfo no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow....where do I find theme for the bottom picture? Love the clocks, love the font!

(FROM ANOTHER FORUM)

(FROM HERE)[/quote]

sfo
    sfo no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been given the 700P (used to have a 650 before switching to 8700c).
    Obviously the main question is what you use either for, what are your priorities.

For me, it's (1) e-mail (2) address book (3) calendar (4) news (Pocket Express).

Thus it's a slam dunk. BlkackBerry 8700 wwins on form, weight and most of all, reliability.

That said, there are great features on the Treo 700P...TV, mp3, camera. However, the Treo is klunky and unreliable.

I've used both for a while. No more calls, we have a winner: 8700.

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

peugero, i second that. where did you get that font?

and buy me a car while you're at it?

SoCalRyDer no está en línea Stack level 1

NuB so take it for what its worth.

I prefer the pda aspects and the MP3 and camera capability of the t6. As well as the significant amount of apps available.

But the thing that sold me on the BB is the push. Now I sit at *bucks and still get work email. I actually get my email quicker on my BB than when my laptop is hooked up to my corporate network. Anywhere from 2-30 seconds faster. Now I don't spend 39 a month to log-in at *bucks on top of having to spend 5 on a drink. Now I sit at home or at the airport with no worries about some important email I am missing. Outside of that I would really like more customizable features, mp3 player, expansion slots (memory/hardware), maybe a joystick/directional touchpad (like my old skytel 2-way). I hate how sometimes I overshoot something with the trackball. BUT you get used to it and learn to love it. Especially with PUSH.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So I have had the 8700 for about 2 months now.... I think the biggest thing for me I have discovered is the overall reliability of the 8700c. No worries about software crashing like the Treo. Also the push feature is unparalled.there is nothing that can compare to how convient this feature... Granted there might not be as many apps available yet but with the development by RIM of future BB's with memory expansion and video capabilities, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234