Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah there is.( www.mytreo.net )There are people that swear by their Treo's. I used to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Treo 650 or Blackberry 8700?

Advertisement

Yeah there is.( www.mytreo.net )There are people that swear by their Treo's. I used to be a part of that crowd before I got sucked into the CRACKberry game.

mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320F8773

Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    I use both a Treo 650 and BB8700r. The Treo I need because of the medical software/apps I need on a daily basis...but it is my second-line phone. The BB8700r is my main phone that I carry around ALL the time.
    Why wouldnt you just go with a LifeDrive for your medical apps? A friend of mine is in Med school and he cant live without that LifeDrive, but I guess its fair since I cant live without my BB

pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

aosmith Guest

ive used both i like the blackberry except the ~$45 per month...

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I am gonna get a Treo 650 again... (trade for my Nokia 6682) but this one is just gonna be for resale, ONLY... However it does have a 1gb sd and is mint...Oh what am I thinking. No more straying from my BB, she is my one and only

robtro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2038d0af

the treo650 completely sucks. i had 2 treos, a 600, and a 650. i just gave it up for my second blackberry (8700) - it's MUCH better, MUCH more stable, and actually works 100% of the time, for everything i need.

looks better also.

the only problem is no camera, but who cares. the camera on the treo is garbage.

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

Quote Originally Posted by robtro
    the treo650 completely sucks. i had 2 treos, a 600, and a 650. i just gave it up for my second blackberry (8700) - it's MUCH better, MUCH more stable, and actually works 100% of the time, for everything i need.

looks better also.

the only problem is no camera, but who cares. the camera on the treo is garbage.
    I wouldn’t go that far and say it sucks. I have both and continue to use both. The treo has its down sides as well as the BB but what phone doesn’t? The treo was pretty stable at times and I loved it just like the others who used it. Once playing around with the blackberry, I end up liking the phone as well. I can’t seem to get rid of one hence I have both. They both have things I like that the other does not have. I once heard talk about the push email coming to treos. If that was the case I wonder would I intern switch to that. They are both good phones but in the end it is up to the user. I wish I could get rid of one but can’t seem to part with either or.

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

the treo has a weak screen after constant use with the stylus. that info is from the cingular store i got my 8700c from.

admn2eng no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300D9519

The Blackberry stomps the treo.
    I went from the Treo 600 to the 8700C
    It was like night and day.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Why wouldnt you just go with a LifeDrive for your medical apps? A friend of mine is in Med school and he cant live without that LifeDrive, but I guess its fair since I cant live without my BB
    I was about to ask this same question. There are medical BB apps.

vicvasqz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20400e80

I just purchased the 8700 from t-mobile and i LOVE IT, i am a longtime bb user and was looking to upgrade to ipaq 6900, nokia e61, treo 700 and after all my research i found the 8700 to be king. The sms , instant messenger, multiple email add on, and the gps with it's awsome web page graphics make it the best for me.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I love my BB but there are a few games I'd like to be able to play again but they're not for the BB I'd been looking at a backup handheld for this reason only but can't seem to find the one I want probably because it's no longer being produced (Tungsten C).

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

The only edge the Treo really has is the camera with removable memory. That's the only feature I'm jealous of.

alchemist no está en línea Stack level 1

Forbes rated the two and treo barely came out on top.
    Disclaimer: The two cannot be fairly compared as one (bb) is an e-mail device that also has organizer capabilities and the other (treo) is an organizer that happens to be a phone and can handle e-mail.

alval11 no está en línea Stack level 2

I know to many people that have problems with the Treo.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I have the 650 but am thinking of the 8700. What do you guys think? Thanks!
    Funny, I just went through this exercise of researching advanced phone/PDA devices. I posted some of my analysis on my weblog at:

http://randomruminations.net/2407/blackberry-8700c.

I decided to go with the Blackberry over the Treo 650. Because I use Macs, I also decided to shy away from Windows Mobile devices. While PocketMac works, sort of, it has not proven to be the best solution for me. YMMV, but I've had lots of trouble with PocketMac and WM devices. PocketMac and the BB is tolerable, but just barely.

That's not intended to be a smash of PocketMac. Some people run it and have no trouble with it at all. But, I have had problems and reading the 'net see that plenty of others have had problems with it as well.

Palm's website http://palm.com has some information on the Treo 700, which is intended to be a WM device. I decided to not wait for it, for the reasons cited above.

You could always get a Blackberry on 30-day trial from Cingular and see what you thought about it. If you didn't like it, then stay with what you've got.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast