After buying my 8700g, I have had nothing but problems getting 3d party applications transferred ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

profbob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D32527

Transferring Software to New BB Device

Advertisement

After buying my 8700g, I have had nothing but problems getting 3d party applications transferred from software vendors. EX:I had the Dynoplex eWord on my 7105. It was working fine. But after notifying Dynoplex that I had changed devices and requested a new registration number, all I got was 5 days free network registration and no new reg number for my BB. Successive emails to and from the company were unsuccessful. Finally, I deleted the application from my handheld. Strangely enough, the same thing happened with Mobiteq although they did issue a new reg number after three weeks of email exchanges. I guess the moral of this story is to consider the time and money spent on 3d party applications before upgrading your BB.
    Robert Wawee
    Houston, Texas
    PIN: 23D32527

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Transferring Software to New BB Device

Oh, sorry you are having these problems. I would expect it to be seemless when changing devices and getting a new reg. key. I have a bunch of paid applications, and if I switch to a new device I expect to get a new key in about a week. That would be fine for me, give them time to verify and send out a new one.

jamkilm3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Many company's are no longer allowing you to reansfer your regertration keys from device to devise. When you buy a program it is for the life of the device you have loaded it on and that is it. The have been doing this with ringtones for years now and making a killing in profets. You need to check with the venders about upgrading products and if you can transfer the registration before you spend the money. In this day in age compamy's know people change their equipment often and put in small print that the registration that u pay for is only good for that one drvice. You need to reed everything and ask ask ask..
    Thanks...
    JIm

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by jamkilm3
    Many company's are no longer allowing you to reansfer your regertration keys from device to devise. When you buy a program it is for the life of the device you have loaded it on and that is it.
    VERY good point...In fact, thats good enough to make a post about it all on its own for owners to consider and possibly ask before purchasing software especially if you are the type that upgrades BB's when the new ones come out.

This is probably the most user-informative comment regarding 3rd party software that I have seen in a while.