HI All, Does anyone know how too transfer the address book ? i have a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

S58Player no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    8707V

Transferrin the Phone/Address Book

Advertisement

HI All,

Does anyone know how too transfer the address book ? i have a Pioneer AV Device in my vehicle, that has a bluetooth adaptor, the system works great with HF usage, for calls etc, but apparently you have too use the BB 8707 too transfer / upload the Phone/Address book, so when a call comes in the Name and number is displayed , not just the Number.

Any help most welcome

Regards

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    S58Player, Welcome to PinStack.

I can't help with the Bluetooth Contacts transfer, except to suggest you pair your BB and the Car and open the address book menu to see if there isn't a command to accomplish what you want.

Additionally, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device. Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mrbibidy no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Transferrin the Phone/Address Book

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I too have a similar question. On every other mobile I have owned (with bluetooth) there was always an option to send address book entries (individual) as well as other files. How can I accomplish this on my 8707?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

As far as I understand, the BB Bluetooth implementation is for voice only, not data.

ddiamante97 no está en línea Stack level 1

HI All,
    i just purchased the 8703 e using verizon and i i am trying to transfer my address book to my mmi interface in the audi q7 but for some reason i cannot view my phone ggok the bluetooth works great i just cant get the phone numbers to show up on my mmi if anyone knows a solution it would be of great help

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

IIRC you have to have a newer BB (8800 or 8100) or possibly OS 4.2 to perform an address book transfer.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

In the case of the Audi, according to their own website, RIM devices are not supported when it comes to address book downloads. You might check with a local dealer to see if there has been a software upgrade that changes this since the manufacturers websites aren't always up to date on this info. According to their site, the 8703 is not supported for any functionality , but as you know from personal experience this isn't true. lol

Zo.