Hi iam new to this site. Can anyone help me please, I need to transfer ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

red5five no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203F7344

Transfer Phone book

Advertisement

Hi iam new to this site.
    Can anyone help me please, I need to transfer my old phone book from my 8700 to my new pearl.
    I keep getting a line error on the xml file via the lap top transfer.
    I also have tried the bluetooth but i can not get the phone book to transfer over from one phone to the other.
    regards
    Red5five

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Transfer Phone book

do you have Desktop Manager installed on your PC? if so use the SWITCH DEVICE WIZARD this will do exactly what you want it to do...
    Michael

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

welcome to the stacks red5five...yeah mikadad got it right!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'd also recommend setting up a regular backup and/or syncing with a PIM app. Surely your data is important!

red5five no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203F7344

Thanks Mikadad
    i was not look for the simple result all dome in 2mins great spent to long reading the booklet and trying to send it over bluetooth
    Thanks again
    red5five

slimdiesel77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi have a problem i have my phone book saved on my computer as a csv file how do i transfer it to my 8830

alan5354 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203A2601
    Hi all, would like to check with you guys. Anyone try to do Switch device from V 4.2 to V4.1? I getting error "Fatal Error". What is the issues? IS this because of the version?

Quote Originally Posted by alan5354 View Post
    Hi all, would like to check with you guys. Anyone try to do Switch device from V 4.2 to V4.1? I getting error "Fatal Error". What is the issues? IS this because of the version?
    From 4.2 to 4.1 may or may not work, depending on the phones. For example. doing a device switch from a 4.2 8700 to a 4.1 7100 won't work because of the difference in the handhelds (screen size, QWERTY to SureType, etc.). But switching from a 4.2 8700 to a 4.1 8700 would work fine. In your circumstance, you would want to simply do a backup-restore, transferring only data, not settings.

Connect your 4.2 device to your computer and start Desktop Manager; then instead of Switch Device, choose Backup/Restore. Choose "Advanced . . .", then after the DM shows the Device Databases, just use Ctrl on your computer to select the databases you want to back up. (While holding down the Ctrl key, click on the items on the list you want to backup). Choose Address Book, Calendar, Phone Call Log, SMS Messages, Messages, Memos, Tasks, and PasswordKeeper. DO NOT choose Content Store, RMS Databases, or anything that indicates Settings. If you have your Address Book organized into Categories, you can choose that, too. If there's something listed that you don't know about, don't choose it. Then initiate the backup. After complete, simply connect the 4.1 device to the computer and restore the backup you just made.