I have a 8703e ver 4.2.1.110 (verizon) which is my work BB and I have ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

StackBerry345 no está en línea Stack level 1

Transfer contact from BES Blackberry to personal Blackberry

Advertisement

I have a 8703e ver 4.2.1.110 (verizon) which is my work BB and I have a 8100 pearl ver 4.2.1.107 (t-mobile) which is my personal BB.

Can someone please let me know how I can transfer contacts from my work BB to my personal BB??

I cannot install the BB desktop manager on my work laptop, since it is locked down and I don't have admin/installation privileges.

I tried to sync my work BB on my home laptop, but it would not let me. I think the 8703e is locked so that I cannot sync using the desktop manager.

I paired both the BBs via bluetooth, but I could not find an option to transfer contacts from one to the other BB.

I have run out of options. Can someone please let know if I am doing something wrong or there is a different way to sync contacts between my BBs?

thanks.

You said you cannot sync your work BB with DM at home, but are you able to do backups? If so, you can back up from the work BB and restore to the personal BB - -

StackBerry345 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mark,
    Thank you for that suggestion. I was able to backup the 8703e and restore it on my 8100. Now i at least have all my contacts on my 8100. But i now also have other stuff that i don't need on my 8100.

Is there anyway to just transfer my contacts from the 8703e to 8100?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by StackBerry345 View Post
    Mark,
    Thank you for that suggestion. I was able to backup the 8703e and restore it on my 8100. Now i at least have all my contacts on my 8100. But i now also have other stuff that i don't need on my 8100.

Is there anyway to just transfer my contacts from the 8703e to 8100?

Thanks.
    Yes. In Desktop Manager, use the "Advanced" option (in the backup/restore area) and you can choose which databases to back up and/or restore. If you back up only the address book, then restore it to your other device, it will not alter anything else.