Hi All, I was wondering if there was a way to find out how much ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cybersmoothy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206792FB

Thumbs up Total Data Usage??? & a thank-you :)

Advertisement

Hi All,
    I was wondering if there was a way to find out how much data I have used on my BB? Just trying to get an idea of whether the package I chose is sufficient. I don't want any surprises when I get my bill. Also, sorry..I'm a newbie...and have to ask this...I've noticed that every 2 seconds or so on my 8700r that two arrows <-- ---> (incoming, outgoing data I assume)..are always active? Is this because of being logged into Yahoo IM, Google Talk, Gmail, etc and it's constantly updating? Will this result in huge data usages?

On another note I just wanted to thank all of you @ pinstack for all your help and advice. I've learned so much and met so many great people already. I can't help bragging about this site to all my friends and co-workers..it's like a showing off a newborn....glad to be a part of the family.

Thanks again.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    its good to have you here! im not aware of any programs that will keep count of data usage. best bet would be to call your carrier every so often, and they should be able to tell you. you cant go wrong getting the unlimited data, then you know youll have a consistent bill every month. plus you can be on you BB all the time.

PIN/ID
    206792FB
    Well I have 50MB per month to use. Hope it's enough! What about the incoming/outgoing data? Is that because of messengers always being logged on?

PIN/ID
    yes that would be it. be careful though, even if you dont talk on your messengers and your signed off, youll still use your data when people sign off/on. not sure about rogers, but with nextel i get the unlimited for the same price as the 50mb since i signed a 2 year contract for the blackberry service

PIN/ID
    206792FB
    Rogers version of umlimited is basically for $100 you get 200MB/month.

PIN/ID
    ew, are you locked with a contract to rogers?

PIN/ID
    206792FB
    yes...3 years believe it or not. Rogers rapes and pillages us here in canada....BUT...I have been able to maintain a pretty good package...my current package is the following:
    Data: $65/month = $50MB
    Voice: 1000 daytime minutes, unlimited eve/wknds, free after 6pm, enhanced v/m and for $45. I've had this voice package for years now...so I don't mind extending it...as they have to honor it.

So $110...what do you think?

PIN/ID
    ohh i forgot rogers is canada. 110...no bad. im at 80 for unlimited data and same phone plan as you.

PIN/ID
    206792FB
    Well I suspect it's only a matter of time before the competition comes out with true unlimited usage. Rogers is the only carrier here in canada that has the pearl so telus & bell will definitely have to do something to compete.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smoothy:

I'm with Rogers, on BES, and BIS, and use my BlackBerry heavily.

50 MB should be good.

The most I've ever done is 32 MB in a month.

And remember: that's my work email (which is moderate - heavy), and 6 other email accounts; I rarely touch a computer for email.

If you read news or blogs or Pinstack often, download Rogers Newsclip, it's an RSS reader, works very well. I don't read any news or Pinstack on a computer either.

The arrows will basically be flashing all the time, especially if you're signed in to instant messaging networks (yahoo and gmail). This is normal.

PIN/ID
    206792FB
    Thanks Lewis. I'll try that! Hey..why is it that when I type any type of messages on my new blackberry it doesn't predict my words....not on emails, IM's, nada.....I have autotext on.....I feel for even asking that question but I couldn't figure it out.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Auto text is not a predictive typing tool, it is a corrective or substitute tool, It waits for a space to indicate that the input is complete before changing the input to the Auto Text entry.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Telus doesn't have the Pearl but the plan are cheaper a bit like 100$ 250 mb and 50mb for 48$ :P
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    206792FB
    predictive text would be nice...very nice.....

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It would be nice. But it's not there, never has been.

As RC said, AutoText replaces text after the space/comma/return is pressed.

SureType merely assumes which letter you are choosing based upon the likelihood of the spelling of a word. It's definitely not predictive.