After searching and searching on forums, I still can't find a solution to disable the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

epbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Too scared to miss a call!

Advertisement

After searching and searching on forums, I still can't find a solution to disable the voicemail notification. It is so annoying to have to clear your missed call log, then clear the messages log, and then clear the VM indicator icon- just for one missed call!

Is there a way to not receive this notification? It just really isn't necessary...

mporrov no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Too scared to miss a call!

Hey epbb,

The voicemail indicator will disappear on its own as soon as you check your voicemail. The initial voicemail alert is sent by your service provider. If you don't want to receive a notification give them a call and they can disable it for you. This way when you miss a call and they leave you a voicemail you won't get the alert which causes you to have to do everything you do already.
    Last edited by mporrov; 03-16-2007 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks for the response. I was on the phone for a total of 1 hr and 35 minutes earlier today trying to resolve this. I spoke with 2 people in customer service, 1 in tech support, one more in blackberry tech support, and then again in "advanced tech support". Who then transferred me back to customer service to check if the right codes are applied to my account. Then back to tech support....ugh.. At that point I asked to get a phone call when this was resolved.

What concerns me is both CS reps told me they saw a text message fee of 15 cents after every voicemail call. I can't verify this because I just signed up with this service and haven't received a bill yet.

all 4 techs I spoke to told me the voicemail system does not send out any kind of text or sms message. They kept trying to tell me that people were "paging" me, not leaving voicemail. Of course I told them I know what a page is and that I don't think paging someone and leaving a message at the same time is even possible.

The techs also told me that they could disable all text messages but that's just ridiculous. From the searches on the forum, I don't think this would even resolve the problem. I get conflicting information on the forum. I've read some posts where users are saying all VM systems send text messages. And then others say it's just a message that the blackberry itself generates.

Obviously tech support doesn't know anything, although I'm still waiting for the call. Has anyone resolved this issue?

kublid no está en línea Stack level 2

check outabout 3 threads above this (help, help help-worht reading) same problem! verion?? spent 2hrs on tech support, told me it is what it is???? anyone? i know you techies have a solution!!!!

Argh!!

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Wow I'm not sure why you have to do this after every missed call. All I have to do is, if I get a voicemail, is call my voicemail, listen to the message and then hang up. I don't have to do all that other stuff to get the voicemail icon to go away.

Sorry for my no hep response but I just found it weird that you have to do all this,

COJO 24

tharealest no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B34AF6

I feel you with this. I've had the same frustration with missed calls.
    Go to your call log, then options in the menu, then call logging. Select All calls to turn off the missed call notification. This should help some.

kublid no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks for the help, but it is not the "missed call" issure. It is very easy to filter those out. It is an annoyance when we get a VOICEMAIL, we have to clear it in the voicemail system( dial 1 listen to it, save,delete,etc) AND THEN go and clear the sms in the message folder that says Voice Mail. this seems to be the case with VERION only. (at least for me)

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by kublid
    thanks for the help, but it is not the "missed call" issure. It is very easy to filter those out. It is an annoyance when we get a VOICEMAIL, we have to clear it in the voicemail system( dial 1 listen to it, save,delete,etc) AND THEN go and clear the sms in the message folder that says Voice Mail. this seems to be the case with VERION only. (at least for me)
    It is also the case with Sprint so you are not alone.
    You should keep calling until you get someone that knows what they are doing, lots of users have been able to disable the sms notification for voicemail by calling either verizon or sprint, just got a get the right rep!

Do you know this for a fact? I've talked to a supervisor in the advanced tech support and he didn't know anything about disabling a text message for VM. My service is through Sprint.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Some carriers use SMS for voicemail notification. If that's the case and you don't want those notifications then your carrier has to disable the SMS notification. If the rep you're talking to doesn't understand or can't do so or claims that they're not sending out notifications then politely end the call and call back and try another rep (who is hopefully more knowledgeable).

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

I just got the issue of the annoying text (SMS) message with every voicemail fixed. Call the Sprint (or your carrier) support number, and tell them to "deactivate the code for sending an SMS Voicemail Activation". The rep told me there was no code number or name, but it is a feature associated with the BB account.

It literally took the young lady about 1.5 minutes to turn it off from the time she answered. I'm impressed!