My problems started yesterday when I noticed my BB had a white screen w/ a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tiba21 no está en línea Stack level 1

TMobile 8700g - no home screen

Advertisement

My problems started yesterday when I noticed my BB had a white screen w/ a message I couldn't get around. JVM Error 535 -> RESET

I looked at a bunch of threads and eventually was able to get the phone wiped and reloaded the OS. The phone seems to be functional again. But, now I just get a textual-based menu w/ "BlackBerry Platform 2.0.0.143 in the top banner and no home screen w/ the icons. When I hit the END button, I get a java exception. What the h3ll is going on?!

Did I miss a step or is there something else I need to do? Thanks in advance guys...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: TMobile 8700g - no home screen

tiba21, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like you may not have gotten a completely successful install of the OS. I would try again, without doint the Wipe. Start with a new download of the OS file from your carriers RIM Software site.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi tiba, welcome to pinstack. Let us know how it goes, and if you need any further help.

tiba21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help...

I ended up calling TMobile, which forwarded me on to RIM, which...nevermind. Long story short, they're sending me a new phone. They just had me wipe and load the Handheld software again. Which thanks to this forum, I had already tried multiple times with no success.

Being a software guy, I'm not convinced that I actually need a new phone. But, I'll gladly take it to save me the hours of frustration.