Aight here is my problem, I currently have a 8700g and was experirncing problems with ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

louee6 no está en línea Stack level 3

Tmobile 8700g Issue Please Help!

Advertisement

Aight here is my problem, I currently have a 8700g and was experirncing problems with it, so Tmobile sent me out a replacement 8700g and when I received it, I popped in my sim and battery. Now the problem is it shows the little hour glass screen for about 2 mins and then it shuts off and comes back on and do the same thing! I tried getting it to link to DM but the phone doesn't load up enough! Any suggestions with this real problem. And btw, is there a way to do a hard reset on a 8700g? Please feel free and leave suggestiong, fixes, or comments...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Tmobile 8700g Issue Please Help!

1) The hourglass should only come up for less than 30 seconds. Try taking the battery out for 30 seconds and putting it back in. This is a hard reset. There is another method to resetting the BB that uses the keyboard but I can't remember which buttons to use.

2) What did you mean it doesn't load up enough when connected to Desktop Manager?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Louee, does your screen show any error messages? Has it had this issue from the time they sent it to you or have you loaded some programs on your 8700 since then? Sounds like you might have to do a reload of the OS.

louee6 no está en línea Stack level 3

I can't possibly do a reload of OS because the phone doesn't load up all the way meaning it doesn't even make it to the homescreen. It shows hourglass screen for about 30 secs and then it turns off and repeats same thing. DM will usually connect only from homescreen! Thanks for responding so soon

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

This process might help you: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html. If not, you may want to try a wipe and reload. Check my signature for the JVM 102 fix that walks you through the steps.

BBFixer no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Any BBcan take 1-20 mins to boot (per RIM). Taking the battery out is NOT a hard reset, this is a soft reset. Only hard reset is running app loader. If it is not being detected, the start app loader without the battery, then replace the battery before the wizard completes.

Hope I helped!