hello, I had never noticed this but I assumed that like the treo and almost ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

basic no está en línea Stack level 2

Time Zones

Advertisement

hello, I had never noticed this but I assumed that like the treo and almost all other devices (phones, smart phones,etc) that the blackberry (in my case 8700c) would update the time automatically to reflect local time. It doesn't - or at least I don't know how to do it. I check my time settings on my travels from Minnesota to Nanaimo (I travel frequently but for some reason either I didn't notice it or was oblivious - travelling with three kids to see the grandparents via planes, trains, automobiles and ferries made me accutely aware of the time ) and it stayed central time - on the other hand, my time settings menu options indicated that the network time was correct - ie. adjusted for the local timezone. It did not however change the displayed time.

Have I missed something?
    Thanks-

ok - never mind- there were reference posts that answered my question. but it does raise another - before I posted this, I did a simple search using the search box and I had a null result - actually every time I do a search on pinstack I get a null result (ie. completely empty -no results). I am using a firefox browser, but I can't imagine that that makes a difference.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Yes, the BB doesn't change time zones automatically. Or at least I've never seen it do it.

And as to the PinStack search feature, it does take a lot of patience. One thing I've found is to start with just one or two basic terms related to your question.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

basic no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks rcbjr - appreciate it.