What's up everyone or should I say anyone reading this.I'm recently got a blackberry 8700c.and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dudrsnacks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e6a3aa

this sucks!

Advertisement

What's up everyone or should I say anyone reading this.I'm recently got a blackberry 8700c.and its awsome!I don't know why it took me so long to get a BB in the 1st place.but I cracked the screen(the plastic screen,not the LCD)yeah I know,that sucks!but I need to know how I would go about either getting the screen fixed or getting a whole new case.it kinda suck when someone says"oh you got a BB?can I check it out?damn!what happened to the screen?"So if anyone could help that would be awsome.thank u.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: this sucks!

Try www.bbrepairshop.com. I am tempted to send them my current Pearl but am holding off pending the release of the redesigned and colored Pearls coming up LOL

PIN/ID
    23e6a3aa

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hope this is the right place to reply to your msg.thank u for the link.I had my BB for like 2 freakin days and the screen got cracked.but now I have that plastic case and it protects what's left of my screen.lol.thank u again.

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

pdaparts.com is also an excellent place-they also have tons of step-by-step instructional videos.
    O-Qua Tangin Wann … Qua Omsa Lagee Wann and things of this nature

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

you can also get replacement parts on Ebay. Screens, cases, keypads. Some will include the torx screw driver as well as a case splitting tools, because you will need them. Try and do it without the prpoer tools, and you will butcher your phone. I learned the hard way. I tried to disassemble a 7100 once and when I was done my wife called it "FrankenPhone"
    Andy

jwags88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D7BA64

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I replaced mine on my 8703e about a month ago. It was pretty simple. I bought a screen off ebay & bought the torq screwdriver at napa. I went ahead and removed the complete housing just to be sure I wouldn't damage the LCD screen (you maybe able to use a small flat screwdriver and pry up the broken screen w/o removing the complete housing, but I didn't want to try it.) Its easy to do just remove the screws from the back of the housing (there's 7 in all) I also used a blow dryer to heat up the glue on the old screen for easier removal, stuck on the new screen, reassembled the housing & reinstalled the screws. All in all it was about a 10 min job and it was my first screen replacement. There's a tutorial in the BB guides/how to's/FAQ's sub-forum on how to remove the housing.

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

yea I used pdaparts.com as well for my screens and how to's...!

SOTG Gambino no está en línea Stack level 2

I just replaced mine, and my wifes about 3 weeks ago. I got both cases from Ebay with eveything included, even the T6 driver for like 40 bucks. Each case was only like 15 bucks. And they have a bunch to choose from. I would check it out. Mine is now Silver with a dark blue and silver keypad...

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

You got the housing and keypad from ebay? I just ordered a new bezel, cause I scratched mine putting the screen protector on.
    I feel like a dope.

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

The plastic cracked :O. That really must suck!

PIN/ID
    23e6a3aa

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for all the websites and suggestions.I checked most of them out.and I'm gonna order one as soon as I can.it just sucks that the screen got cracked in the fisrt place.I have to say that pinstack and all u stackers have been more help with my BB than I can explain.thanks for all the help.

SOTG Gambino no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by justajason
    You got the housing and keypad from ebay? I just ordered a new bezel, cause I scratched mine putting the screen protector on.
    I feel like a dope.
    Yeah. I got the housing, T6 driver, and battery door for like 15 bucks. Basically a whole new BB!!