Does Anyone How Any Idea Why My 8700 Wont Accept Ota Themes?? I Tried It ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bapesta no está en línea Stack level 2

Themes are not working

Advertisement

Does Anyone How Any Idea Why My 8700 Wont Accept Ota Themes??
    I Tried It On My Friend's 8700 And It Worked Perfectly Fine. Are There 2 Different 8700's?? Or Think There Are Restrcition On Mine, If So How Do I Know Or Check???

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Themes are not working

Are you on BES or did you buy from ebay?

Falcondrgn no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi, I'm new to pinstack also and I am also having trouble getting the themes to work on my 8700g, I purchased this from tmobile so its not off ebay. I would download the theme and then the theme reader, but after rebooting the phone I still don't see the theme in my themes section. I am running the latest OS version V4.1.0.346, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get the matrix theme but after 4 tries of deleting and redownloading, still no success. Thanks!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Hi Falcondrgn,

As long as your not on BES and using BIS be sure to install ota (over-the-air) in this order.

1. install the theme
    2. go back and install the theme reader file SECOND

re-boot the phone. The theme install must be done in that order when using ota.

Desktop manager is different and those install instructions can be seen here.
    http://www.mobile41.com/install_instructions.htm

hope this helps?

Welcome to Pinstack also.

Hi Srl7741, That is precisely what I did but unfortunately with no success. I read in another forum that it might be due to the fact that BB will only allow you to have 2 custom themes at a atime which I already do on my themes section. Is that true? And can you explain what BES and BIS is? Thank u so much for your quick response.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

BES is when you are hooked to a Business Enterprise Server and BIS and individual emails... BIS is when you aren't hooked to the BES server. I am sure this doesn't make any sense...LOL

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Yes that is some what true. Not 2 themes but each phone does have limits as to how many themes you can keep on each phone. It will depend on many things such as how many other apps you may have installed and how much memory is left on the phone.

My 7100i had a limit of 15. I had to remove one or two before i could install a new one.

They are like everything else and do take up space and the phones do not have unlimited space nor memory.

LOL, staceyrvc You make perfect sense actually, I am linked to a BES server since this is a company blackberry, so does that mean I can't use any themes?