i just updated my desktop mgr. to 6.0 and updated my device mgr. and my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

johniii no está en línea Stack level 2

themes

Advertisement

i just updated my desktop mgr. to 6.0 and updated my device mgr. and my 8700g to v4.5.124,. i backed up my phone before i did these updates. well i lost my old theme and my facebook app., in my applications i see facebook 1.7.0.22 but i cant find how to actually install it to my applications to have an icon so i can use it. also i tryed to find the theme on my backup but when i try to open in it says there is no program associated with this file.i am running vista.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can always re-download Facebook if you need to, but as far as your theme is concerned, you'll need to load that through Desktop Manager. You said you can see the theme in your backup file? What OS did you have prior to upgrading to 4.5? Could also be that the theme isn't compatible with a 4.5 OS.

thanks roger i found facebook.i had 4.2 now 4.5.i cant open the backup file it says no program associated with this file.also now i have facebook icon with the number4 but i cant find any messages.strange

You won't be able to open it just by double-clicking on it. You need to use Desktop Manager to do so. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure if you can restore a theme that way anyway, though.

i gave up thanks

i see the overlord - icon theme but cant click on it i also see it in my apps list.

I would venture a guess that this theme is not compatible with the 4.5 OS anyway, since you had it on your 4.2 OS. Where did you get the theme?

here years ago maybe its time to upgrade

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ You definetely need to upgrade...ASAP! That's an order!!!

You won't regret the upgrade. I believe that once you upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 you will not be able to set two different walls one for the main screen and the other for app list i believe. Been a long time I've seen a 8700.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?