I have two envelope symbols in the upper left corner of the screen of my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

MIA-SAT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D92159

The second envelope symbol in upper left corner

Advertisement

I have two envelope symbols in the upper left corner of the screen of my new 8077c. I know that the orange envelope means I have an email. In this case there is a second envelope symbol, not orange, but colorless, about 3/8" to the right of the orange one, that looks like it has something in it. I have been unable to find out what this symbol means. I did a search on the help system on the device, but cannot find the anwer. Thanks for any information on this.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: The second envelope symbol in upper left corner

Welcome to pinstack!

What theme do you currently have your BB set to?

PIN/ID
    23D92159

Cingular (Active). I don't have a clue what that means. Hope that this helps you give me an answer.

MIA-SAT

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If it is White with two black dots and a thick black curved line at the bottom, it's a Voice Mail Indicator, call you VM number. If it looks more like an open book, it's a service book waiting indicator, go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Books and see if you see something new. Do you have your Getting Started Guide? If so look at the back cover for all the standard indicators.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    23D92159

Thanks for the help. Answering your other question, the guide books are sitting on my desk in Miami and I am at home in San Antonio, so I am stuck with the help setting on the device and the good offices of this forum.
    Last edited by MIA-SAT; 07-16-2006 at 05:04 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

This is for the 7100, but the icons should be the same. Check this out see if it helps you, otherwise Ill locate the 8700 Guide for you. Good luck... http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...welcome_ug.pdf

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by MIA-SAT
    Thanks for the help. Answering your other question, the guide books are sitting on my desk in Miami and I am at home in San Antonio, so I am stuck with the help setting on the device and the good offices of this forum.
    ---
    You can also download the 8700 Users Guide from the Documents Section of the RIM Blackberry Web Site. It's better to be home in San Antonio then in Miami Did you find out what it was?

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr