I have BB 8700g, and I need to setup it to wirk with my BES, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ahanbali no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2058386c

TCP settings

Advertisement

I have BB 8700g, and I need to setup it to wirk with my BES, but the problem is that I ran my BB device using deferant carrier:

1. Is Blackberry a service must be added by the carrier like GPRS. or it must only have GPRS enabled.
    2. Is there a specific port must be opend by the operator.
    3. what is the settings that must be configured and how regarding TCP on my BB device.

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Re: TCP settings

generally speaking you must have BB data enabled to run BES. If it says "data connection refused" in the homescreen, then no dice with BES

PIN/ID
    2058386c

No, acualy my "GPRS/EDGE" logo is small later, which means there is no GPRS service configured on the phone, so I thought I could configure it manually.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Ahanbali. In order to receive data, you'll need a BB data plan. Did you sign up for one with the carrier? If you did, they should have sent you service books needed for data.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You'll get lowercase grps/edge until you get a Blackberry data plan. If you're connecting to a BES you also need to make sure that your Blackberry data plan will allow BES access as many carriers offer BIS-only Blackberry data plans for "personal/consumer" use.

Once you have the BB data plan in place the service books (which perform the configuration of the BB) will automatically be pushed to your BB. It's not like other GRPS/EDGE devices -- there's nothing to manually configure in this case.

PIN/ID
    2058386c

As I am still new to Blackberry!!
    what is Blackberry data plan??
    Why should my carrier provide it??
    I dont know what is the role of the carries after they activate GPRS/EDGE service??

I have BES server and 5-10 BB devices all of them supported with single carrier, and I have another BB device and I would it to operate with another carrier, how could I do this???

jculzoni no está en línea Stack level 1

hfhfjjhjghj