Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

yes it is an OTA based messanger service you have to go to the instant ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-Mobile's Blackberry 8700g - 4/17/06

Advertisement

yes it is an OTA based messanger service you have to go to the instant messanger icon on the bookmark page and download it yourself

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Pentace,
    Where did you get yours?

I tried Ushopwireless, and was entering my info to buy one and eerily got a phone call from them before I had even gotten done! They said they haven't gotten them and expect a big shipment on Tuesday. Suffice it to say I'm a little leery about ordering from them.
    That's weird they haven't gotten them in. Cause I ordered from them last Thursday and Just received mine today (monday).

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

I have no idea Ben. He didnt sound like the most knowledgeable guy! It's a lot of the reason I got it from a corp store today.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

8700g at $299.00 on T-Mobile's web page:
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/...f-8d6c6ea6baf9

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

CNET got to roadtest the 8700g for a few days and scored it eight out of ten, pronouncing it excellent. It has a lot of technical details in common with its cousin, Cingular’s 8700c, but they say it sets itself apart with how it handles email:
    The differences between the 8700g and the 8700c center mostly on the e-mail and messaging departments. The smart phone can still sync with your company’s BlackBerry, Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino, or Novell GroupWise server to deliver corporate e-mail in real time, and it continues to support up to 10 personal/business POP3 or IMAP4 e-mail accounts. However, the 8700g makes it easier to set up e-mail accounts right out of the box, thanks to the BlackBerry Internet E-mail service. A utility on the device, aptly named Set Up Internet E-mail, guides you through the whole process, and it doesn’t involve much more than inputting your e-mail address and password. We used it to add our Yahoo account, and it was a snap—decidedly easier than with the 8700c. We received messages in our in-box after about 20 minutes. Also, e-mails sent and received from personal e-mail accounts are now reflected in the source account. In other words, if you use the 8700g to send a message from your Comcast account, the message will also be in your Sent folder when you log on from your PC; you also have the option to delete messages on your handheld or on your handheld and in-box. And there’s some extra good news for Yahoo users—thanks to RIM’s expanding partnership with Yahoo, you can now enjoy the joys of push technology and receive your Yahoo mail in real time.
    If you’re begininng to wonder if this is indeed a kinder, gentler Blackberry, damn straight it is—RIM’s decided not to stick us with its proprietary instant messaging system this time and has added support for other IM services like Yahoo, ICQ, AOL, and MSN. Google Talk works with the 8700g as well and there is of course support for SMS and multimedia messaging as well.

RIM BlackBerry 8700g [CNET]

ddc
    ddc no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm new to this site. I'm considering upgrading to the BB..currently have the sidekick II. Who has the new BB and how do you like it? I've read some they said it feels cheap...any input about this will be greatly appreciated

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by ddc
    I'm new to this site. I'm considering upgrading to the BB..currently have the sidekick II. Who has the new BB and how do you like it? I've read some they said it feels cheap...any input about this will be greatly appreciated
    You know what feels cheap? The swivel screen on the sidekick. I knew if i got a sidekick that within a week I would have broken that screen off.
    Blackberry..Definately. If not, you will be back on here in 2 weeks saying how you shoulda chosen a BB. Just take a look at some of those who have switched from BB and come back within a month.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Yes like me. I went thru 3 sidekicks since last November alone (my original color sidekick I had for 2 years, and 2 Sidekick 2's in less than 2 months). They are NOT stable. Signal drops, battery problems, data coverage outages, web browsing was almost impossible on it, etc. I hurried back to BlackBerry world after those disasters.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

8700G accessories...

Anyone have any idea if they are the same as the 8700c accessories? I haven't found any place (yet) based in the US that has 8700g accessories.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by taeisme
    thanks I appreciate it...it appears that the accessories for the 8700g are the same as the 8700c from what I'm seeing

radiogirl no está en línea Stack level 1

I just oredered this phone from T-Moble and should have it in a few days.I am excited.I used the info on this forum.

radiogirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry for the misspell-ordered.

adavis99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    CNET got to roadtest the 8700g for a few days and scored it eight out of ten, pronouncing it excellent. It has a lot of technical details in common with its cousin, Cingular’s 8700c, but they say it sets itself apart with how it handles email:
    If you’re begininng to wonder if this is indeed a kinder, gentler Blackberry, damn straight it is—RIM’s decided not to stick us with its proprietary instant messaging system this time and has added support for other IM services like Yahoo, ICQ, AOL, and MSN. Google Talk works with the 8700g as well and there is of course support for SMS and multimedia messaging as well.

RIM BlackBerry 8700g [CNET]

Just to clarify...it is not RIM that has been "sticking it to us" but rather the carriers. AT&T and Verizon are notorious for blocking features that compete with their pay services.

In this example, Instant Messaging competes with text messaging. I'm thinking of switching from Cingular (AT&T) for this very reason if they don't get their act together.

If I'm paying for unlimited data, that's what I should get...not unlimited data unless it competes with their pay services...welcome to a preview of what may happen if the telecom industry has their way and kills net neutrality.

I digress... /rant.

ethanmoet no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys,
    I'm having a little problem w/ my BB. someone tried to sent me a MMS(pic); when I get the message I can't view it. it tells me that, "I can recieve no data plan from a web server," can anyone please tell me what should i do to correct this problem?
    Thanks..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast