Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Ever since the Research in Motion-vs.-NTP battle escalated, we haven't heard too much from RIM ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

T-Mobile's Blackberry 8700g - 4/17/06

Advertisement

Ever since the Research in Motion-vs.-NTP battle escalated, we haven't heard too much from RIM in terms of product announcements--until now. Along with T-Mobile, RIM introduced the BlackBerry 8700g at CTIA this year, replacing the BlackBerry 7290 and sprucing up T-Mobile's smart-phone lineup. Like its cousin, the BlackBerry 8700c for Cingular, the BlackBerry 8700g offers users a next-gen device with a full QWERTY keyboard, and it comes with an Intel processor and EDGE speeds for faster performance. In addition to support for Bluetooth 2.0 and up to 10 corporate or personal e-mail accounts, the 8700g offers some extras that make it more consumer-friendly and easier to use right out of the box than the 8700c. Overall, the device delivers on all fronts: as a phone, an e-mail machine, and a handheld. The RIM BlackBerry 8700g will cost $299.99 with a two-year contract (or $349.99 with a one-year contract) and will be available on April 17.
    More: read more
    Attached Images Attached Images

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: T-Mobile's Blackberry 8700g - 4/17/06

Yeah i got mine and i love it .. the first thing i did was unlock all teh themes.:0 much better than the cingular one IMO but i kinda like the cingular ones color

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Pentace,
    Where did you get yours?

I tried Ushopwireless, and was entering my info to buy one and eerily got a phone call from them before I had even gotten done! They said they haven't gotten them and expect a big shipment on Tuesday. Suffice it to say I'm a little leery about ordering from them.

RIM had a contest for BlackBerry techs... I was lucky enough to win.. they have actually been available in some stores since the 10th.. but are open to all stores and upgrades via tomorrow

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Sweet. congrats!
    I'm hopefully going to turn into a real dork tomorrow and carry 2 BB's. my 7100i and the 8700g. I just cant get rid of nextel, as I have a great unlimited voice plan grandfathered from years ago.

WOW thats amazing especially being a plan from nextel.. im suprised sprint didnt try to tell you your screwed and take it away

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    WOW thats amazing especially being a plan from nextel.. im suprised sprint didnt try to tell you your screwed and take it away
    forget sprint im surprised that nextel didn't screw you i can't wait till i get to the store i will be ordering one or two for the store and most likely be keeping one. wohooo.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

It was a plan from like 5 years ago, when they offered unlimited for 99 bucks for the first year, then gave me 900 minutes and free incoming for the second. When the first year was up, I called and said I was switching, and they gave it to me for $126 after a discount I found out I was eligible for. Thats part of the reason I'm contemplating the switch. I'm afraid I will lose it.
    I am kind of worried that this phone wont be available today. It's not on their site yet!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well I will let you know in about two hours when I go to the store here. Opens at 9am my time.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

I'm on my way to one that opens at 9am here too. Its available through corp accounts as I called this am. However they told me that if its not on their site, its likely not in the stores. We will all see soon!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Figures. I tried the store that opened earliest according to their Voicemail. Claimed 9am, get there and they open at 10! I bet they don't have it anyways!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~just left my local store. The 8700 are there. However they don't have them loaded into the system yet. Damn it. He said it should be in sometime today so I reserved mine. Just waiting for the call. Again they are in the stores, atleast mine, but they are not yet in the computer so they can't sell it. 399 for existing t mobile customers but get a 50 rebate.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

:::waiting:::
    :::crickets:::

Come On T Mo!

RYBBERRY no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: T-Mobile's Blackberry 8700g - 4/17/06

ITS NOT ON THE SITE, NOT IN STORES, BUT ONE STORE IN NYC SAID THEY SHOULD BE IN BY THE AFTERNOON. MY OLD BB IS BUSTED, WE NEED MORE INFO

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

They are physically in the stores here. I saw the stack of them in the store room, and he brought one out in the box to me, where I put my name and cell number on that he placed on the shelf underneath the computer. Apparently the hold up is that Corporate has yet to register the 8700 into the computer, so there is no way that they can ring it up and charge you for it. Sounds like its about time to start a wave of calls to TMobile Corporate and get them off their ***.
    By the way, I did see that the store here has 9 left. They had 10 but I have one already, so there are 9 more avaliable. The other TMobile stores in the area haven't recieved their first shipment yet.
    If anyone wants the name and number of the TMobile store that does have the 9 left, here it is:
    TMobile Green Hills
    4117 Hillsboro Road, Nashville TN
    615-386-2113

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast